S2 textlist (1 Viewer)

^emmie^

HSC
no i know i was just wondering cause since i live faraway i was just gonna try buy them soon so i dont have to travel in and get them

Chris.

HSC
were u the chick who went into the bookshop today and asked for the textbook list?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
You don't need textbooks.
This is very wrong for many subjects. Unless you want to waste time trying to get one from the library for 2 hours to photocopy the crap out of. Or you can find an e-book.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
mostly artsy subjects (from my experience), languages definitely, and i'd say those subjects with text books that weigh like 10kg that have a million pages of reading each week that aren't summarised/taught in lectures (ie: politics).

i think the maths/physics subjects seem to be able to be the easiest to get away without buying a text book in (but I've only had experience in a 'maths' subject so don't quote me on the phys part).

Last edited:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
commerce is doable without a text book (in early stages at least), but you'd do pretty shit

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
textbooks for business subjects are needed for extreme crammage. yum!

HSC
Sweet, so far I think I'm in a good position for not buying any textbooks for next semester.

Anyone know specifically whether PHIL1010 or HIST1021 require textbooks?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Forbidden. said:
Maybe Physics but not MATH1131 or ENGG1000, a huge waste of money as both are over $100 each.
lol MATH1131 textbook makes me more confused :S.
Its absolutley useless. Lucky i got it for only $60.
But good thing is.. its pretty thick so when i get older and have my own office ill stack it up there and people will be like "WHOAAA your so smart you got so many big textbooks"

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Sweet, so far I think I'm in a good position for not buying any textbooks for next semester.

Anyone know specifically whether PHIL1010 or HIST1021 require textbooks?
I don't know about textbooks, but it's safe to say they'll have those reader things. But they aren't usually that expensive (well.. actually yes they are, but better compared to a textbook).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)