Sample English Essays (1 Viewer)

Student246

HSC
What is the purpose of all the sample english essays on this site for the HSC? If the essay made a good point its not like you are going to forget all the points the essay made.

How do you use the essays and avoid plagiarism?

when I did the HSC I hardly used the essays but had my own tutor.

I can not remember if I referenced all of the study guides I used to write my essay.

cxlxoxk

HSC
You can say what the essay was talking about using other words, thereby avoiding plagiarism...

Student246

HSC
From
HSC : All My Own Work :: Working with others

Your brother did the same course as you two years ago and offers to help you with an essay. In fact, he remembers working on a similar assessment task himself and finds it for you. You decide to copy parts of his essay in your own assessment task.
Appropriate
Try again!!

Inappropriate
Correct! This is an example of collusion. You have accepted your brother's support intending to use his work and present it as your own original work. In effect, this is cheating.

Isn't that what is done here? I did use some of my sisters essay on strictly balroom in mine. Not sure if I copied word by word.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
What is the purpose of all the sample english essays on this site for the HSC? If the essay made a good point its not like you are going to forget all the points the essay made.

How do you use the essays and avoid plagiarism?

when I did the HSC I hardly used the essays but had my own tutor.

I can not remember if I referenced all of the study guides I used to write my essay.
They're there as a guide as to the different ways to approach the topics at hand. If you plaigarise you do so at your own risk.

The ability to source and reference is a skill, not a given.

The difference is in the application, you may have the source but the way in which you use that information is the key. You cannot plaigarise and just copy + paste, but you can take a look at the points, consider how they've written the essay and used the points, and apply a similar tact.

The HSC is about ticking boxes, you're going to be plaigarising off 'good' sources as a guide, heck the board of studies even releases a standards' package which provides you with similar material.

Last edited:

Student246

HSC
Do you have to reference information got from study guides? I think I got a lot of information from study guides and some points from teachers which I may not have referenced in an EXAM. I may not have thought I needed to reference in an exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)