sat as a domestic student (1 Viewer)

skzzks

HSC
is it possible for australian unis to look at only your sat score/a combination of sat score and atar as a domestic student? like for example if i got a 98 atar but a 1600 sat score would i be able to use the 1600 sat score to apply

jonolad69

HSC
is it possible for australian unis to look at only your sat score/a combination of sat score and atar as a domestic student? like for example if i got a 98 atar but a 1600 sat score would i be able to use the 1600 sat score to apply
lmfao

WeiWeiMan

HSC
i've heard it works for scientia and usyd med but idk where else

liamkk112

HSC
well most unis say the qualifications u must provide are either atar or "equivalent year 12 results", like IB or new zealand stuff, or "intersate or overseas equivalent qualifications". whether or not the SAT is included in this is pretty vague, you're probably better off just emailing the uni ur interested in going to and asking.

jonolad69

HSC
well most unis say the qualifications u must provide are either atar or "equivalent year 12 results", like IB or new zealand stuff, or "intersate or overseas equivalent qualifications". whether or not the SAT is included in this is pretty vague, you're probably better off just emailing the uni ur interested in going to and asking.
It is not vague whatsoever, you literally google it. Why would USYD let you apply with an SAT???? You’re not an international student ?????

You’re definitely not the first person who thinks this is some sort of loophole…

liamkk112

HSC
It is not vague whatsoever, you literally google it. Why would USYD let you apply with an SAT???? You’re not an international student ?????

You’re definitely not the first person who thinks this is some sort of loophole…
i dont think its a loophole lol. it is vague because technically an interstate or ovreseas equivalent to HSC could be the SAT, but it really depends on if u consider it to be of the same level. also this is under domestic admissions, has nothing to do with being an international student. eg someone from australia could have studied year 12 in new zealand for whatever reason, then they return after they finish and are going to uni in australia. doesn't make them an international student, just a domestic student who happened to study overseas. however its obviously better just to worry about the HSC rather than thinking u can just study for the SAT and the HSC doesn't matter at all because ur SAT result will be the one that is judged anyway.

skzzks

HSC
i've heard it works for scientia and usyd med but idk where else
i dont think its a loophole lol. it is vague because technically an interstate or ovreseas equivalent to HSC could be the SAT, but it really depends on if u consider it to be of the same level. also this is under domestic admissions, has nothing to do with being an international student. eg someone from australia could have studied year 12 in new zealand for whatever reason, then they return after they finish and are going to uni in australia. doesn't make them an international student, just a domestic student who happened to study overseas. however its obviously better just to worry about the HSC rather than thinking u can just study for the SAT and the HSC doesn't matter at all because ur SAT result will be the one that is judged anyway.
thank you for both your helpful responses! i did see that someone a couple of years ago on here used this method for usyd med, maybe it’s worth a shot

jonolad69

HSC
think ive heard of this loophole being used lol
just going off OP's situation...

Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 6.21.07 pm.png

Attachments

liamkk112

HSC
just going off OP's situation...

View attachment 42491
exactly, the last dotpoint says "overseas secondary qualifications considered equivalent to australian studies". so basically u gotta ask unsw if the SAT counts as an equivalent qualification, that's why it's vague whether the SAT would allow u to be admitted or not.

jonolad69

HSC
exactly, the last dotpoint says "overseas secondary qualifications considered equivalent to australian studies". so basically u gotta ask unsw if the SAT counts as an equivalent qualification, that's why it's vague whether the SAT would allow u to be admitted or not.

"COMPLETING SOMETHING OTHER THAN THE HSC"

skzzks

HSC
"COMPLETING SOMETHING OTHER THAN THE HSC"
relax i’m obviously not neglecting my hsc all together but if there’s an opportunity to maximise my chances into getting into the course i want clearly i’m going to take it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)