Saudi Arabia:OK for a 10 year old girls to have a wedding with a 47yr old pedo [WTF?] (1 Viewer)

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
Top Saudi cleric: OK for young girls to wed

(CNN) -- The debate over the controversial practice of child marriage in Saudi Arabia was pushed back into the spotlight this week, with the kingdom's top cleric saying that it's OK for girls as young as 10 to wed.
"It is incorrect to say that it's not permitted to marry off girls who are 15 and younger," Sheikh Abdul Aziz Al-Sheikh, the kingdom's grand mufti, said in remarks quoted Wednesday in the regional Al-Hayat newspaper. "A girl aged 10 or 12 can be married. Those who think she's too young are wrong and they are being unfair to her."
The issue of child marriage has been a hot-button topic in the deeply conservative kingdom in recent weeks.
Late last month, a Saudi judge refused to annul the marriage of an 8-year-old girl to a 47-year-old man.
The judge, Sheikh Habib Abdallah al-Habib, rejected a petition from the girl's mother, whose lawyer said the marriage was arranged by her father to settle a debt with "a close friend." The judge required the girl's husband to sign a pledge that he would not have sex with her until she reaches puberty.
Al-Sheikh was asked during a Monday lecture about parents forcing their underage daughters to marry.

"We hear a lot in the media about the marriage of underage girls," he said, according to the newspaper. "We should know that Shariah law has not brought injustice to women."
Christoph Wilcke, a Saudi Arabia researcher for Human Rights Watch, recently told CNN that his organization has heard many other cases of child marriages.
"We've been hearing about these types of cases once every four or five months because the Saudi public is now able to express this kind of anger -- especially so when girls are traded off to older men," Wilcke said.
Wilcke explained that while Saudi ministries may make decisions designed to protect children, "It is still the religious establishment that holds sway in the courts, and in many realms beyond the court."
Last month, Zuhair al-Harithi, a spokesman for the Saudi government-run Human Rights Commission, said his organization is fighting against child marriages.
"The Human Rights Commission opposes child marriages in Saudi Arabia," al-Harithi said. "Child marriages violate international agreements that have been signed by Saudi Arabia and should not be allowed." He added that his organization has been able to intervene and stop at least one child marriage from taking place.
Wajeha al-Huwaider, co-founder of the Society of Defending Women's Rights in Saudi Arabia, told CNN last month that achieving human rights in the kingdom means standing against those who want to "keep us backward and in the dark ages."
She said the marriages cause girls to "lose their sense of security and safety. Also, it destroys their feeling of being loved and nurtured. It causes them a lifetime of psychological problems and severe depression."
The Saudi Ministry of Justice has made no public comment on the issue.
Top Saudi cleric: OK for young girls to wed - CNN.com
Dear Israel,

why are you wasting your time bombarding those poor Palestinians into smithereens? please, for the sake of humanity, please bomb the the royal family of Saudi Arabia. Send it back to 10th century. Im pretty sure your PR would improve dramatically, exponentially. even on BOS ;)

BBJ.

on a srs note. WTF? WTF? WTF? i cannot fathom as to why someone has not spoken about this....even in the middle east? WTF is wrong with society over there? this is a country where sexual relations between two persons of the same gender are stoned to death, but allow pedos to roam free..

this is the country which boasts about being the beacon of Islam for the 21st century. fucking disgrace.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Re: Saudi Arabia:OK for a 10 year old girls to have a wedding with a 47yr old pedo [W

lol @ your false outrage.

You can't wait for your arranged marriage with your 10 year old bride to go ahead

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
Re: Saudi Arabia:OK for a 10 year old girls to have a wedding with a 47yr old pedo [W

You can't wait for your arranged marriage with your 10 year old bride to go ahead
;)shhh...

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC

its not false outrage. this is a fucked up country. if you even try to deny it your a delusional down syndrome infected virus.

I am going to pray now that Israel sends over 200 F-16 and bombards the Saudi royal place into the deep brown desert. for the lulz.

Zionist

HSC

disgusting to the core of humanity. This solidify my personal belief that most arab muslim men are paedophile by nature.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

He's much too young to marry a 10 year old.

Rockaleee

HSC

Allah allowed the Prophet Mohammed to take a 6 year old girl, Aisha, as his bride and consumate the marriage when she was only 9 years old. The girl's own mother placed her on the Prophets lap. :vcross:

Read the Koran.

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC

Allah allowed the Prophet Mohammed to take a 6 year old girl, Aisha, as his bride and consumate the marriage when she was only 9 years old. The girl's own mother placed her on the Prophets lap. :vcross:

Read the Koran.
ive read it. a few 1000 times in arabic. but never in english. maybe once. like 5 pages.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A

Rockaleee

HSC

ive read it. a few 1000 times in arabic. but never in english. maybe once. like 5 pages.
Perhaps its "poetry" is lost in its English translation, but i never felt a desire to read it 1000 times.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC

someone should bomb these guys.

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC

Perhaps its "poetry" is lost in its English translation, but i never felt a desire to read it 1000 times.
I dont understand arabic. i can only read it. its pretty good skill to have.

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC

Saudia Arabia still hasn't signed the declaration of Human Rights. Pft, what do you expect?
Saudi arabia thinks that the universal declaration of human rights is un-Islamic. HAHAH! thats why they havnt signed it.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

um why is anybody acting suprised

Rockaleee

HSC

I dont understand arabic. i can only read it. its pretty good skill to have.
Yes, a good point made. The reason why so many Muslims believe their religion is all about "peace" and get outraged when anyone suggests otherwise, is because Islam IS often taught in pure Arabic, even though the Muslim may not understand nor speak Arabic.

So the teacher will read parts of the text, and the learner will not really understand; a sort of rote learning in effect.

In many of the threads here on BOS, it is glaringly obvious that many Muslims have not even read and understood their Koran or Hadith.

Rockaleee

HSC

I see there are no Muslims responding to this thread.

What?

Where is your moral outrage now?

There are things that are worth to be offended by, and things not to be offended by.

A cartoon depicting the Prophet? IT GREATLY OFFENDS US! WE MUST KILL!

A law passed that allows old men to marry 10 year old girls? SILENCE.

HSC

The 8 year old was on this arabic tv show a few days ago. Her mum wasn't overly happy about the whole thing, and they said she was divorrced :S

uh on topic, that's just sick. I seriously HATE people like that. Nobody under the age of 18 should be getting married, full stop. I don't care how mature they are, or what their reason is. plus the guy who didn't let the kid get a divorce is fucked up.

coopert

HSC

I see there are no Muslims responding to this thread.

What?

Where is your moral outrage now?

There are things that are worth to be offended by, and things not to be offended by.

A cartoon depicting the Prophet? IT GREATLY OFFENDS US! WE MUST KILL!

A law passed that allows old men to marry 10 year old girls? SILENCE.

Absolutely spot on.

A lame cartoon is published in an obscure newspaper all the way in Denmark, and pretty much the entire Muslim world is rioting, claiming Jihad, and putting Fabwa's out on everyone!

A couple of years later, a law is passed that condones peadophilia, and they say and do absolutely nothing. No one protests, no one complains, and no one speaks up against it.

While I acknowledge that it is the bloody traditionalists and fundamentalists who are absolute nutcases, and are speaking much too loudly on the behalf of 'ALL' Muslims; what annoys me even more is the fact that the moderate Muslims (And I know that there are millions out there) are more than willing to sit back and say and do nothing while the crazies are out there are potentially giving way for thousands of young girls to be raped

(I believe that no 10yr old girl can ever legally consent to a marriage to a 40yr old man, it is impossible. A 10 year old does not have the mental or physical maturity to be capable enough to make such a decision. Even if the 10yr old girl were to state her undying love for her 40yr old 'husband', in my eyes it is still rape, and she is still being taken advantage of)

The moderates will join the mentals in their tirade over some boring little fucking cartoon, however the minute an actual human rights violation takes place, they don't want to say anything (presumably in fear of being viewed as a 'bad muslim'? Who knows).

This has nothing to do with religion, it is a HUMAN RIGHTS issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)