SC Results Thread (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
Post your school certificate mark and band here (genuine marks ONLY).

Subject/Band/Mark in the external tests we did in November okay.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
I reckon that it would be a better idea to just combine the school certificate mark, instead of mixing it with our report marks. It would be a much better indicator of where people stand, since there are so many factors that are ignored if we mix two very different things. These factors include stuff like the fact that schools have very different marking systems, some students are taught more difficult content and blah blah blah.

The combination of the external exam marks and the internal marks only work in the HSC because of scaling and even though the school certificate marks are scaled, they work completely differently. By combining the school certificate marks, it would put everybody on a level playing field. I admit that this way does screw up those who might have done badly in the school certificate, but the fact is that they screwed up and others did not - even though they were all equal to begin with.

Well, that's my 2 cents. :cool:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Do you guys know when you're actually going to get your results? Next week?

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Our school are giving us our school certificate results on December 13, at the same time where we get out yearly reports. Not so sure about other schools though, but I think they get it at the same time as well.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Yeah, I reckon our external exam that we recently did should only be posted up, such as your subject/band/percentage, because other schools have it hard.

bored of sc

HSC
okay, so do you want me to edit or delete this thread (if possible)??

it seems fair what you guys said, but i did want to see what you guys thought of a combined report/sc test mark...

bored of sc

HSC
***this has been edited/changed to the school certificate test results forum :wave:

bored of sc

HSC
Good luck receiving your results tomorrow everyone, I know you will all do well. :) Post your marks here on this thread. Go subject/mark/band or something.

Oh! Don't be ashamed if you get a 'so-called' bad result as (1) its only school certificate and (2) the standard of marks on this site is VERY high.

I get my marks on the 18th and they will probably be band 4/5 so post your marks guys, WHATEVER they are.

Last edited:

bored of sc

HSC
I think the bored site had 'technical difficulties' yesterday - the 13th of December, well it did for me anyway.

Anyone agree? I just couldn't even open the site...

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Nobody else is posting their SC results, but I guess I'll get the bandwagon going. I got:

English - 93 - B6
Maths - 96 - B6
Science - 99 - B6
Geography - 95 - B6
History - 89 - B5
Computing - 96 - Highly competent

bored of sc

HSC
Continuum said:
Nobody else is posting their SC results, but I guess I'll get the bandwagon going. I got:

English - 93 - B6
Maths - 96 - B6
Science - 99 - B6
Geography - 95 - B6
History - 89 - B5
Computing - 96 - Highly competent
:eek: That's an average mark of 94.7

Wow! That's seriously some unbeliveable results, especially Science, Maths and Computers. Oh! I have a question, were you really confident you would achieve those marks or were you surprised when you got them??

Go post that you got 5 band 6's on the "How many band 6's did you get?" thread/poll.

Congratulations, you should be proud of your extremely high all around marks!

Just hope I can go okay, but there is no way I'll get as high as you !

P.S The bored wasn't working yesterday for me so maybe that is why no one else posted their results.

Last edited:

bettina44

HSC
english-84
maths-90
science-91
geography-88
history-87
computer skills-91

overall i did crap considering i didn't reach my aim of 95+ TT

bored of sc

HSC
bettina44 said:
english-84
maths-90
science-91
geography-88
history-87
computer skills-91

overall i did crap considering i didn't reach my aim of 95+ TT
no way, you did great, consider it good marks as you didn't get under 85 not you didn't get above 95, that's a real feat! well done

just for the record, all those marks are A's (85+) except english, but english is silly

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
bored of sc said:
:eek:

Wow! That's seriously some unbeliveable results, especially Science, Maths and Computers. Oh! I have a question, were you really confident you would achieve those marks or were you surprised when you got them??

Go post that you got 5 band 6's on the "How many band 6's did you get?" thread/poll.

Congratulations, you should be proud of your extremely high all around marks!

Just hope I can go okay, but there is no way I'll get as high as you !

P.S The bored wasn't working yesterday for me so maybe that is why no one else posted their results.
Umm... I was confident in Maths and Computers, but I didn't expect my highest to be Science - since most of the exam was random crap.

When do you get your SC results handed out? My school was yesterday but I know that my sister is getting hers today, so I guess it's abit different for some.

tanna

HSC
English - 92 (band 6) (B)
Mathematics - 94 (band 6) (A10)
Science - 90 (band 6) (A)
Geo - 97 (band 6) (B)
History - 91 (band 6) (A)
Computers - 96 (Highly Competent)

Pretty over the moon about my all-round band 6's :D

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Nah, all we got in the folder was:

Yearly reports
School certificate itself
School certificate results (page where you find out what band and mark you got)
BOS booklet about HSC (didn't get this for some unknown reason)

L i L O

HSC
Congrats everyone :)

Now you can put your results in a file and store them away coz noone is actually ever going to ask you what you got ever again because the SC doesn't really matter. LOL. Not meaning to be cynical, but its true. I hope you guys didnt get stressed out about it or actually study for it...

Goodluck in Year 11 everyone.

benn07

HSC
I got straight A's, well except for maths where i got A9.
English-82- Band 5
Maths-83- Band 5
Science-91- Band 6
Geography-95-Band 6
History-92-Band 6
Computing skills-93-Highly Competent.

Woo i got one of my grades put up to an A cause it was a B in my school report (i think) :)
According to the news articles the whole state went pretty good this year.

Dimplez

HSC
I did okay...actually disappointed that I didn't get all Band 6's but oh well...I'm gonna study my butt of for the next 2 years lol...

English- 85...Ack
Science- 84 :( :(
Maths- 95 :)
Geography- 89...Meh
History- 93...yay
Computing Skills- 96...who cares ? lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)