• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

SC study timetable (1 Viewer)

autumn-angel

HSC
Even though people are gonna say that SC is not so important but i've got pressure. Can people please empathise with me and tell me how many hours to put into each subject given that I am not so good at English and alright at Science. I'm fine in the rest of the subjects and I know what I am doing. I'm just lost in Science in English.

thanks

ShibbyBonBon

HSC
For english you need to know techniques:
First person, second person, third person, objective voice, jargon, rhetorical questions, alliteration, assonance, pun, personification, contrast, hyperbole, onomatopoeia, repitition, metaphors.
Make sure you have a few stories made up for the creative writing task that can be manipulated for the question.

For Science i wrote notes on the Excel Science Study Guide - it goes into detail on each topic examined.

Past papers help a lot.
I studied two subjects for two hours per night.

Good luck

lolman12567

HSC
for english you have to know how to write certain texts such as:
feature articles, personal letters, Speeches, News reports and Narratives.

oh and for science, my teacher told me that 50% of the SC test is made of process questions so practicing them can help, the knowledge you need to know for science is relatively basic anyway

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
you honestly dont have to do that much study! but if you insist id say spend about 2 hours revising each subject and do a past paper on each, even that seems a bit much to me...

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
I'd say just look at past papers and get a feel for what the questions are like. Maybe do 1 or 2 and then if you feel fine then thats enough. If not do a few more, and ask your teacher to mark them for you.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
i didnt even look at past papers in yr 10, just go over your notes.

asdf.cosmo

HSC
Past papers are definitely helpful.
My dad printed out every one of the past papers for Maths - ergh. I had so much fun doing those -_-
Either way, they give you a feel of what to expect. They're very useful.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Do the online mutilple choice on the board of studies website. Test your knowledge and go from there. Dont go all out with the study because you wont need it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)