Scaling/aligning at different schools (1 Viewer)

c0jo

HSC
Hi,

could somebody please explain how aligning works? Ive been told that if some students goto ruse and get the same marks a person from *insert dumb skool* gets, then the ruse person gets a higher UAI.

if thats true, how does it work with TAFE? wud tafe ppl get pulled down (because *generally* u have less intelligent ppl doing tafe)?

also, do different TAFE campuses have different aligning

~cya

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
c0jo said:
Hi,

could somebody please explain how aligning works? Ive been told that if some students goto ruse and get the same marks a person from *insert dumb skool* gets, then the ruse person gets a higher UAI.

if thats true, how does it work with TAFE? wud tafe ppl get pulled down (because *generally* u have less intelligent ppl doing tafe)?

also, do different TAFE campuses have different aligning

~cya
Each TAFE campus ranks among its own students not all TAFE students.
Also, TAFE does not exactly get scaled down like that and neither do any of the schools.There is a moderating process that changes things a bit, but I'll leave that to someone else to explain.
Also with the
*generally* u have less intelligent ppl doing tafe
I wouldn't make that assumption if I were you, some years we get an influx students from selective highschools who just miss out on med/law/actuary and refuse to do anything but those degrees so redo their hsc instead, other times you do get a bunch of drongos there so they can tell centrelink they arent bums which is why its so hard to predict where a TAFE lies in comparison with a school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)