School cert in pencil (1 Viewer)

supre

HSC
hi everyone
you know how every first paper of the past School Certificate says something like Do NOT write in pencil. do u think marks will be deducted if i used a pencil because i seriously cant do any kind of tests and exams using pens.

What do u think?

silence--

HSC
if you do it in the HSC it won't get marked.

im not sure for school cert but im pretty sure its the same thing. you really should learn to do it because it won't be acceptable later.

firstneg

HSC
I have been told you have to use pen on everything except diagrams
The markers probably appreciate lead pencil as much as poor handwriting.

I don't understand why you would want to use pencil, it is not like you will in two years for your HSC so why get into a habit of doing tests in pencil?

FTW

HSC
if you do it in the HSC it won't get marked.

im not sure for school cert but im pretty sure its the same thing. you really should learn to do it because it won't be acceptable later.
I agree
You should try and adapt.
You don't even use pencil in maths anymore unlike primary school where it was like: "never, ever, ever use a pen in maths"

firstneg

HSC
I agree
You don't even use pencil in maths anymore unlike primary school where it was like: "never, ever, ever use a pen in maths"
wow you went to a strict primary school, I was encouraged from after doing the BST in year three to use pen on everything and we complained that we had to use pencil in the year five BST

Official

Bring it on
HSC
hi everyone
you know how every first paper of the past School Certificate says something like Do NOT write in pencil. do u think marks will be deducted if i used a pencil because i seriously cant do any kind of tests and exams using pens.

What do u think?
You will get marked if you write in pencil but it's not recommended.

supre

HSC
I agree
really, i have always used pencils in all my exams and tests in every exam i have done until now even if it says ONLY WRITE USING PEN. i don't really bother in the school exams because the school teachers mark it and don't really take it that seriously. i only write using a pencil when i forget my pencil case at home or something and i need to borrow a pen from friend.
i know it may sound really strange to u but that's how i have done all my tests and class work until now.
ok, i am gonna try writing using a pen from now onwards.
:(

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Use pen. It's just so much better.

The Board of Studies wants you to use pen, not only becuase it's easier to read than pencil but because they also found that students, when using pencil (in maths), tend to rub out 'incorrect' working completely and then redo the question if they find a 'mistake'. This means that if your previous working and solution turned out to be correct, you won't get the marks as you rubbed it out completely.

If you use pen however, students cross the mistake out, so markers can still to a certain extent see that you included working etc and can award partial marks on that basis, even if the final solution is wrong.

Also, the best reason is that using pencil pisses some markers off, so there isn't really any point to using pencil. Pen isn't that much different to use anyway, especially for someone at your age. Finally pencil, you have to sharpen the bloody thing almost constantly, which is a total waste of time.

HSC
Uni Grad
imo I seriously do not even want to use pen for multiple choice... why? coz i have to keep crossing out if i get the wrong answer and if i know that wrong answer was right and all that

but for short answer and extended response, use pen..

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
hi everyone

What do u think?
Well I guess the biggest clue is their warning : DO NOT WRITE IN PENCIL.

I guess it is a lot easier writing in pen. Pencils are annoying especially if they break. ( even though I've had my share of pens I've broken because my grip is retarded )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)