School certificate all band 6's? (1 Viewer)

Nevermore

Godlike
HSC
hi, so there's about 13 days left to the SC, and im really scared! like my gut is seriously wrenching atm!

I'm wondering what schedule/study guide should i stick to to get a band 6 in each subject, and what studies i should mainly focus on, how i should study for them and what resources i should be accessing to use them to boost my full potential.

Also im wondering does the SC have scaling in it? or is that only the HSC?

thanks heaps guys! :)
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
^
LOL.

Well i don't think my advice will help you, but i did get all band 6s. Do not worry at all - the exam is a cinch. Just listen to your friends shout out random info before the exam. This was my "study strategy" which included not studying at all and if you're like me and have good memory, you will be fine.

If you are really that worried, just flip through your exercise book. For maths, if you're doing 5.3 don't even bother because the test is on 5.1

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
maths is a joke in the sc. as for the other subjects, flick through pages a bit.
dont worry. when u get to year 11, u will realise that the sc is nothing.

band 6's aint hard.. just a bit of luck :D

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
hi, so there's about 13 days left to the SC, and im really scared! like my gut is seriously wrenching atm!

I'm wondering what schedule/study guide should i stick to to get a band 6 in each subject, and what studies i should mainly focus on, how i should study for them and what resources i should be accessing to use them to boost my full potential.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
lek oooooooooof bro ur sitting for ur HSC n SC. lek reeeeeeeeeeeeelax SC means nofin.

dont waster ur energy nooooooooooooooooooooooow

muzeikchun852

HSC
^
LOL.

Well i don't think my advice will help you, but i did get all band 6s. Do not worry at all - the exam is a cinch. Just listen to your friends shout out random info before the exam. This was my "study strategy" which included not studying at all and if you're like me and have good memory, you will be fine.

If you are really that worried, just flip through your exercise book. For maths, if you're doing 5.3 don't even bother because the test is on 5.1
everyone had been telling me the same thing, but i cant just do nothing and go and sit for school centificate, which i personally think it is the most important exam in the stage 4 and 5.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Could you tell me what 5.1 is? o____O

I just wanna know what questions I should do in my textbook.
You know the 3 levels of yr 10 maths they teach you? The hardest is 5.3, then 5.2 and the lowest is 5.1

So if you do 5.2 or 5.3 then you'll ace the exam, 5.1 might want to study up a tiny bit.

everyone had been telling me the same thing, but i cant just do nothing and go and sit for school centificate, which i personally think it is the most important exam in the stage 4 and 5.
Fair enough. Twas quite easy for me to do so because i never did homework :p

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
u dont need to study as long as you've paid attention and dont your homework thoughout the year you are fine. If you must study its not at all different to how you've studied all year for your exams make notes etc and thats it.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Sc does not have scaling......=.=
even if you get 100% for all subjects, no one will know about it.

HSC is different, the whole world is soooo concern about it. School ranks, child prodigies, 1st in state etc. all splattered around the tabloids.

IN SC?
No one knows...-.-
Ahaha, that's because the SC is a joke so no one cares XD

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
You know the 3 levels of yr 10 maths they teach you? The hardest is 5.3, then 5.2 and the lowest is 5.1

So if you do 5.2 or 5.3 then you'll ace the exam, 5.1 might want to study up a tiny bit.
I was accelerated and did Year 10 Maths in Year 9. I never had a Year 10 textbook so I really don't know what these 3 levels are...

I'm not exactly really stressed about Maths, I just wanna do some questions in this Excel Year 10 maths workbook as practice, I bought it in Year 9 and completely forgot about it, but I dont wanna waste it by not doing it at all ._.

FTW

HSC
I was accelerated and did Year 10 Maths in Year 9. I never had a Year 10 textbook so I really don't know what these 3 levels are...

I'm not exactly really stressed about Maths, I just wanna do some questions in this Excel Year 10 maths workbook as practice, I bought it in Year 9 and completely forgot about it, but I dont wanna waste it by not doing it at all ._.
:( I lost my excel maths book, I couldn't find it when I looked for it today :(

Amogh

HSC
N/A
What is this school certificate you talk of.

lol FTW..what a time to lose a book!
borrow from library..its free XD

Official

Bring it on
HSC

Do the multiple choice online. Print out only the short answer + extended responses (saves so much paper it's not funny and you can do multiple choice online) of past papers AFTER 2006 (syllabus change).
Study 2 hrs each night on SC, I usually do this listening to my favourite radio show. I'm only studying for History and Geo because they're the only ones that are really content based, everything else is like skill.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
u dont need to study as long as you've paid attention and dont your homework thoughout the year you are fine. If you must study its not at all different to how you've studied all year for your exams make notes etc and thats it.
I'm not a super genius like you. Even if I do study and follow a schedule. I won't even make a band 5. :mad1:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

If you've been accelerated, you probably did 5.3 maths :)

Any of these topics sound familiar - Drawing linear graphs (straight lines), superannuation, depreciation, surface area/volume of shapes, similar and congruent triangles? If so, you probably did 5.3 maths.

FTW

HSC
What is this school certificate you talk of.

lol FTW..what a time to lose a book!
borrow from library..its free XD
Hehehe, its a workbook, one that you write in. I doubt the librarians would shelve books that had the be written in, they'd probably have a heart attack.
"Oh my goodness! This child has defaced this poor book!! *mumble* when I was a child we treated books with respect blah, blah blah."

Well thats how I picture it would go down with my librarian.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Hehehe, its a workbook, one that you write in. I doubt the librarians would shelve books that had the be written in, they'd probably have a heart attack.
"Oh my goodness! This child has defaced this poor book!! *mumble* when I was a child we treated books with respect blah, blah blah."

Well thats how I picture it would go down with my librarian.
put it in the deposit box and run
:rofl:

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
If you've been accelerated, you probably did 5.3 maths :)

Any of these topics sound familiar - Drawing linear graphs (straight lines), superannuation, depreciation, surface area/volume of shapes, similar and congruent triangles? If so, you probably did 5.3 maths.
Oh ok... that's good I guess then o___O That stuff is quite easy...

silence--

HSC
not only is it easy, but it won't even be in the test, because it's 5.3. LOL.

yeah...

to the OP: look through some past papers. you'll get a good sense of the questions they can ask you and the difficulty of the tests. if you really want to do more, just look through your notes a few days or a week before the exam. depending on your 'natural ability' you can potentially band 6 it without doing anything / very little. Study a bit every day from now and you really can't go wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)