School certificate exams (1 Viewer)

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
i studied the nights before basically and got band six in everything but maths.

and im a padantic preparer, so..

yeah
i plan on doing something like that as well..maybe two or three days earlier..

autumn-angel

HSC
dux&src said:
School certificate exams.
Anyone begun studying for them yet?
I have begun studying for them systematically and intensively for the last 5 weeks now and plan to do so untill the SC external exams.

When will you guys begin to study for them?
and
how many hours will you put in?

Don't ask me how many hours I've put in over the last five weeks...:p

okay 2 hours per day for 5 weeks now, and plan to continue doing so.
I mean should we start studying from now
is it worth it?

Last edited:

aimhigh10

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dux&src
School certificate exams.
Anyone begun studying for them yet?
I have begun studying for them systematically and intensively for the last 5 weeks now and plan to do so untill the SC external exams.

When will you guys begin to study for them?
and
how many hours will you put in?

Don't ask me how many hours I've put in over the last five weeks...:p

okay 2 hours per day for 5 weeks now, and plan to continue doing so.

you are stressing me out! i have trials on thursday and friday and havent studied for more than 2 hours for each subject!!
well im comfortable with maths and science.. just the australian history/geo (we dont have english) but maybe i should start studying more?

i know everyone says not to worry about sc, and im not worrying too much - trying to save myself for the next two years but would about an hour for each subject a week be enough?
if the real sc is in november?

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
okay take it from me year 10's.
I worked really hard throughout year 10 to do well, I was a crazy perfectionist. I studied for the exams, not as intensely as some of you are planning to but I still did really well. i.e. dux of my school.
BUT
I strongly recommend you save your energy for year 11 & 12!
working so hard for the SC is ridiculous.
as many other year 12's have been telling you...it just doesn't matter once you enter the prelim HSC. The courses are so different and the thinking skills required change. Not to mention the obvious point that you get to choose your subjects. I ask myself now, WHY did I try so hard for my weakest area (Maths) when I could (and DID, gleefully) drop it in year 11?!
Sure, study if you are not going to continue to the HSC. But don't wear yourself out for the little SC, it is purely regurgitating crap. So is the HSC, really, but on a different level...Life starts at uni.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I studied a week before the exams. Did well. After I received my results, I thought to myself "What now?"

So don't burn yourself out. Take it easy. Like they always say on BOS, the SC means nothing (ambiguous, but meh :))

doopsta786

HSC
your gonna feel so bad after the exams
since theses marks dont go for anything if your doing the HSC which im assuming
i got all band 6s and one band 5 with studying the week before and just the revision we did in class was pretty easy
dont study to hard till yr 12 im still not trying to hard and im in yr 11 relax!!!

vongSTAA

HSC
Are you guys serious? Most older people (sister, cousins, friends) I know said that everyone (mostly my parents are you can imagine) is just making a big deal out of it because it's the "school certificate". You don't need to be studying hard out for the entire year, it's not like it's extremely difficult and also it doesn't really count towards much.

I've mostly been bludging this year, you know doing some work and occasional homework if I have to, but no real study or anything. The only things I take seriously and put a lot of effort into are assessments for English, Science and my electives (don't really care about the other subjects, a B would be fine for me in them).

I'm just going to study like a week or two before exams.

Last edited:

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
English - literacy : 84 Band: 5
Mathematics: 82 Band: 5
Science: 86 Band: 5
Australian History, Civics and Citizenship: 84 Band: 5
Australian Geography, Civics and Citizenship: 84 Band: 5
Computing Skills: 96 (HCOMP)

I got these results, but did hardly any study for any of those exams (and I mean, hardly). Don't stress yourself out about it, seriously.

Gurei

HSC
Lol at the School Certificate. I did 0 study and got all high Band 5's.. and a high band 4 for History. I got lower in History because of our teacher, mid way through the year she broke her achillies (can't spell) and way out of action till 2 weeks before the SC, so we had a sub for the 2 extra terms. He was the worst teacher I had, couldn't control the class and we learnt about 1 sentence per lesson. Anyway, there's no need to be studying for 9282914892 hours for the SC, it's easy. Piss easy. Study an hour for each subject and you'll get decent band 5/6's. =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)