school cheating in internal hsc assessments ! (1 Viewer)

sandy-

HSC
N/A
School Cheating - Teachers doing essays for students

Three classes in my school get prewritten essays for all their modules. The teachers just tell them to rewrite these essays. Subsequently, the students from these classes end up receiving the top ranks by just using their teachers essays.

People from my class and another 2 classes never get over 13/15 because obviously our essays aren’t going to be better than a teachers with 20years experience.

Lately its really been shitting me, watching people do better who i know don’t even try in HSC (because I do other subjects with them and I’m familiar with their standards.)

I’ve also seen their essays for other subjects and their English essays are nothing compared to their other essays. As in, their vocabulary and style of writing sounds like its at university level in English essays, and in other subjects it sounds like something from year 10 or below. Im guessing, because English isnt their own work.

Its really bugging me how they cheat and get 100% where i worked like 2 weeks straight for the same assessment and got like 80% or something. What's also shitting me is that teachers know about this and ALLOW this to happen. One kid tried to get a teachers essay and use it ( he was in a class where we don't get essays) the teacher told him to ' go to hell. '

Another teacher tells her class' it’s not plagiarism if I say you can do it. '

The head of our Eng Dept also gives essays so I cant take this up with her. I don’t want to tell the principal, because if they don’t do anything about it the next step would be complaining to bos, and by then everyone would know it was me that complained.

Just wondering, do people think its fair to complain? And if so would BOS take me seriously? And if they did, is there a chance my whole grade will get scaled down? Or just the people who have like same essays as everyone else?

I really want to weigh the odds before I do something so drastic.

Thanks.

Last edited:

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Three classes in my school get prewritten essays for all their modules. The teachers just tell them to rewrite these essays. Subsequently, the students from these classes end up receiving the top ranks by just using their teachers essays.

People from my class and another 2 classes never get over 13/15 because obviously our essays aren’t going to be better than a teachers with 20years experience.

Lately its really been shitting me, watching people do better who i know don’t even try in HSC (because I do other subjects with them and I’m familiar with their standards.)

I’ve also seen their essays for other subjects and their English essays are nothing compared to their other essays. As in, their vocabulary and style of writing sounds like its at university level in English essays, and in other subjects it sounds like something from year 10 or below. Im guessing, because English isnt their own work.

Its really bugging me how they cheat and get 100% where i worked like 2 weeks straight for the same assessment and got like 80% or something. What's also shitting me is that teachers know about this and ALLOW this to happen. One kid tried to get a teachers essay and use it ( he was in a class where we don't get essays) the teacher told him to ' go to hell. '

Another teacher tells her class' it’s not plagiarism if I say you can do it. '

The head of our Eng Dept also gives essays so I cant take this up with her. I don’t want to tell the principal, because if they don’t do anything about it the next step would be complaining to bos, and by then everyone would know it was me that complained.

Just wondering, do people think its fair to complain? And if so would BOS take me seriously? And if they did, is there a chance my whole grade will get scaled down? Or just the people who have like same essays as everyone else?

I really want to weigh the odds before I do something so drastic.

Thanks.
You should speak up! It's your HSC!

on a side note i believe i have read this post before ;) very familiar like deja vu

sandy-

HSC
N/A
You should speak up! It's your HSC!

on a side note i believe i have read this post before ;) very familiar like deja vu
Wow, you have a really good memory :p. Yes I've made it before, like a term ago. But i deleted it because some of my details were on that account and i dont want anyone to know its ' me ' doing it. Incase someone from my school recognizes my info. It would turn half the grade and all the English teachers against me! ( very scary thought =| )

At that time i didn't want to complain because i thought it would somehow magically ' fix up ' But after trying to compete with the system for about a term now I've given up and i think its time i did something because its just not fair ! Thing is, i cant talk to anyone in school about it, and i need advice because it is quite serious.

Also, i really need to know what might happen if i did complain. If our whole school got scaled down it would just screw me up more !

Last edited:

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Wow, you have a really good memory :p. Yes I've made it before, like a term ago. But i deleted it because some of my details were on that account and i dont want anyone to know its ' me ' doing it. Incase someone from my school recognizes my info. It would turn half the grade and all the English teachers against me! ( very scary thought =| )

At that time i didn't want to complain because i thought it would somehow magically ' fix up ' But after trying to compete with the system for about a term now I've given up and i think its time i did something because its just not fair ! Thing is, i cant talk to anyone in school about it, and i need advice because it is quite serious.

Also, i really need to know what might happen if i did complain. If our whole school got scaled down it would just screw me up more !
yeah i figured.. your reasons for posting it again :)

I would hate to be in your situation, as if the HSC isn't enough stress on your shoulders :(

Well i think you should somehow hint it to the principal see what he/she has to say about it..
I mean you can't keep quiet about this, it really IS NOT FAIR!

sickk

HSC
have the students done "all my own work" : P

jellybelly59

HSC
bring it up to the board of studies. Go to website and find your local English inspector for the DET and tell him to ring up the school and enquire about these practices. Also, I'm pretty sure you can keep it anonymous that way.

sickk

HSC
yes but the problem is in the way externals marks are awarded, it very heavily relies on ranks, so these ppl have a great advantage

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
I'm pretty sure what the teachers are doing is illegal and you should report them... It's what called mark grabbing. Getting good marks at your school so that they can say "Look how good our HSC results are"

But take comfort in the knowledge that you're learning to think for yourself and they are not.

But I personally would report them. Start with the Principal, and if he does nothing, go straight to the board of studies.

Seriously... I'm pretty sure it's illegal in the HSC.

sandy-

HSC
N/A
But what if they scale our whole grade down ?
Do you guys think thats a possibility?
Thats what im most afraid of ......

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
They won't do that. If you report it to the principle, hopefully this will cause it all to stop. Do you want more than that; do you want people to made accountable?

Personally, I would say fuck 'em. Make them accountable. Otherwise, they'll continue cheating, just in different ways.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Re: School Cheating - Teachers doing essays for students

I would definitely report them. I don't think the board would do something like scale down the entire grade from your school if you've made it clear that it's only some of the teachers who are doing this.

But yeah, I'd see the principal then just contact the board straight away if I were you... It really is unfair and definitely illegal.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Hey you should definitely report it. Far out it's blatant cheating.

Have you tried asking the teacher who gives out essays for a copy to us in the test?

Tell the principal
No fair no fair :(

sandy-

HSC
N/A
Hey you should definitely report it. Far out it's blatant cheating.

Have you tried asking the teacher who gives out essays for a copy to us in the test?

Tell the principal
No fair no fair :(
im sorry, i don't understand your question :$

j92

HSC
Just write better essays than the teachers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)