School is in 2 weeks, is there any POSSIBLE way i can still apply for TAFE? (1 Viewer)

dethroned

HSC
this year (2006) i'm in year 11.
you might like to know i can't stand school! i hate it so much. i really want to go to TAFE because it seems like i got more freedom. i don't want to be stuck with a bunch of immature idiots.

please, someone help me on this one. if there is no way i'll either quit school or run away from home. so, please, can you give some advise?

and do you think i'll regret it going to tafe? is it harder to make friends there and such?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
you might like to know i can't stand school! i hate it so much. i really want to go to TAFE because it seems like i got more freedom. i don't want to be stuck with a bunch of immature idiots.

please, someone help me on this one. if there is no way i'll either quit school or run away from home. so, please, can you give some advise?

and do you think i'll regret it going to tafe? is it harder to make friends there and such?
Don't run away from home, don't drop out - you have so much ahead of you and to smother it that way would be the greatest of tragedies. Don't worry, things can and will turn out just so long as you don't give up.

You'd be happy to find out that the TAFE HSC program has not had its enrollment day yet, so you can still apply for that. TAFE is a far more mature environment in a lot of ways so you might well enjoy it greatly, so long as you know how to discipline yourself regarding work. As far as making friends goes, its up to you - be friendly and you will make friends.

I hope my words have been some help, and remember there is always hope so don't give up or runaway.

nwatts

HSC
dethroned said:

Hey mate, I know how you're feeling. At the start of year 11 I just hated school. I only went on because my parents urged me to, cause they had high expectations and all that crap. I looked into going to tafe but it just didn't work out for me, I tried running away but my brother saw me leave and told my old man. Boy, that was I day i'll never forget.

But I got in touch with my grandparents and they let me stay with them for a few weeks. They drove me to school, and I got to hang out with them (really nice old people) and my aunty who i get along with great. Even though I hated school, they really helped me through it. If you have people like that, an aunty or uncle, or your grandparents, or perhaps a good friend, who you can stay with over this really tough period I really encourage you to do so. I went back home about a month later, still not liking school, but I could recognise how much it meant to my parents for me to stay there.

Looking back now, when i have my hsc, and how i've developed such good relationships with my teachers, I can say that it's the best decision i made to keep in school. I remember the day I finished year 11 and thought to myself how lucky I am to even have this opportunity, when there are kids allover the globe that can't get the education I have been given on a platter.

Times can be real tough, and yeah look into tafe and I hope it works out for you. But if not I really want to say don't drop out of school. It's something you'll really regret. Try and talk to someone about it, not your parents perhaps but another friend or family member who can put things into perspective. If you endure the shit for a while you'll come out of it feeling so rewarded, and you'll have a million options at your doorstep.

Let me know how you come through. I hope that you can find some comfort in these tough times.

dethroned

HSC
i hated school the first day i went to yr 7. now that i'm old enough, i can finally make my own decisions.

hey kami, are you saying that i have to do my HSC this year? what about the preliminary courses? sorry if that's a dumb question.

and nwatts, thanks for sharing your story and the words of encouragement. thanks both.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
No matter what path you take you can't skip preliminary the HSC program at TAFE covers both the preliminary and HSC year.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Kid.@dmin said:
No matter what path you take you can't skip preliminary the HSC program at TAFE covers both the preliminary and HSC year.
Yes and no - most TAFEs will have a compressed sequence of preliminary and HSC subjects however some have them separate.
dethroned said:
hey kami, are you saying that i have to do my HSC this year? what about the preliminary courses? sorry if that's a dumb question.
As I was mentioning, most TAFEs have a compressed sequence, so its likely you would be sitting your HSC this year for at least some (probably 2 or 3)subjects this year and doing another 2 or 3 in 07 and thus recieving your UAI and HSC in 07. Alternatively, a small handful of TAFE campuses have the separate year 11 and 12 courses(Bradfield and Randwick to name 2) at which you could follow a similar pattern as to that of your cohort. Also you don't have to pick which way you do the HSC - you can do some compressed and some not, or do subjects at various subjects if the lines and subjects of a campus doesn't fit you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)