School pushed me into english standard for roll overs? Moving schools? (1 Viewer)

Mrdoubleabcd

HSC
Today we got our roll over classes for year 11 and i found out im in the english standard classes, even though im ranked 4th in the half yearlies (bombed my first exam but aced my second) and 2nd for my yearlies. This isnt fair because im sure that they based advance and standard students on our yearlies which was 80% multiple choice, comprehension and 20% essay writing, i bombed the multiple choice, as i barely passed but achieve one of the highest score in the essay writing. I know this because my friend was ranked ~15 in class, bombed every test but aced the multiple choice and is in the advance class, even though he didnt choose advance and a few intelligent students were pushed into standard ~9 of them who also bombed the yearlies multiple.

Now im considering the options of:
-moving schools (most likely chester hill or pats)
-convincing head of english to place me into advance english (most likely she will be reluctant to because she only set 2 advance classes)
-having to take this to the further (principal, board of studies)

My atar aim is 95+ and my subjects are ext 1 maths, chem, physics, economics. I know this will surely hurt my atar if i dont rank at least top 10 in standard or at least try out for the course, but obviously the english faculty will be reluctant to move me up.

Im currently studying at canley vale hs, so moving from a school ranked ~117 to a school ~125-140 wont affect my atar

Frostbitten

HSC
If it's a public school I'm pretty sure they aren't able to force you to do shit. Private may be different.

Research what BoS can do in this situation and if you find out they can then use it to threaten them. But that should be the last option, go to the teacher which organises it first, if that fails, then go to the principle and then consider external intervention and then if you get completely screwed over move schools if you want.

xer0

Sydney     ATAR Aim:   85+      Penis Size:  9001
HSC
All the teachers can do is recommend or try to deter you from picking a subject. But they can't prevent you from enrolling in it. Definitely tell your parents and make sure they speak to the principal or any deputy principals.

Do it as soon as possible so they can't tell you that it's too late to change subjects now or that you've missed out on too much.

asdfghjklmz

HSC
They can't force anything on you
If you want to do Adv Eng then you should be allowed, the school can only advise you not to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)