School / Subject (1 Viewer)

fatmuscle

HSC
well, atleast you got in!

I tried for selective school, but I failed to get in...

so Barker I stayed.

lee u spammer :p

im jess

i tried for a selective school too. but didnt get in..... hehe oh well no great loss.... and i originally was going to change to barker in year 10 cause i use to swim for barker, but then i quit swimming, and stayed at good ol asquith :)
yay!!

hehe

oh and lee, say hi so gosha for me k :)

souldancer

hey all, im at castle hill high this year, repeating from baulkham hills last year

i do:

4U maths
Chemistry
Physics
Adv English

fatmuscle

HSC
my sis got accepted to barker

she's leaving asquith and heading off to Barker!

souldancer, then you would know Wendy Loke!

Miss Niru

Subjects

Hi, i'm Niru -

I'm doing
2uAdvanced English
2u Maths
2u Physics
2u IT
2u Engineering Science.

and it's all very hard. I think the worst bit is forcing yourself not to beleive it's all getting too much. It's hard, but it's a real challenge not letting it eat me up :(

I must say, I'll be so much happier when it's all over

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
look at the ppl who get in top 10%

u are the top school, that is without a doubt.

when UAI's come out

all u talk about it .45 or .90 or .85

cos it's all 99.xx

ehhehehe
jking!

are you sure you're joking?!

ok, at our school right, they give us estimated uai's twice a year (including fucking year 11!) so that 'we know how we're going and if we need to work harder' blah blah blah. anyway, so most of my grade (except my group and a few other lazyass people) get over 99, so after they talk to the deputy about the estimated uais, they're like ..."so, i got .55, what dyu get?", "oh, .95", "oh, you bitch!" (okay maybe that last comment was never actually said, but you get my point). its funny, cos in yr 11 i got 96 or so, and everyone was like, "ohh...you poor thing, its okay, you can do better", and i was like, fuck, that's so good for me, i don't need to do better!

so, just to tell you that some myths about our school are true, some aren't. like we're not ALL nerds, but MOST are competetive. oh, and we also don't kill goats and eat them...someone actually asked me once if we do that as some sort of sick ritual...wtf?!:confused:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
oh, no, im not at the tail end, about middle. but i think most are 90+ ...but...tahts cos most people do 4u maths, phys, chem, eco or something and they all scale high or something dont they? i dunno i have no idea how it works

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by johnson

oh, and we also don't kill goats and eat them...someone actually asked me once if we do that as some sort of sick ritual...wtf?!:confused:
where the hell did that come from ?!

Anton

HSC
G'day all,
I go to Fort St. High in Petersham and I do:
- 4U English
- Ancient History
- History Extension
- Legal Studies
- Economics
Advanced English, Ancient History and History Ext. would have to be my favourite subjects. English Ext. 1 is an absolute bastard - we're doing Crime and it's just not very interesting. Legal Studies and Economics are simple regurgitation; read the textbook, remember it, copy it out in the test, do well. Not a fan of that idea really.
History Ext. has been great. Learning about post-structuralism, post-modernism and so on does your head in a bit and is generally just interesting. Plus it's good to be able to smoke a cigarette at cafes and say that things 'harken back to the Von Rankean tradition' and things like that. (Yes my subject choices are totally motivated by me wanting to be able to partake in wanky, pretentious cafe-talk). Ancient History I love because I don't do much work and do well in anyway, plus it's interesting stuff (especially the Fall of the Roman Republic/Cleopatra, etc. So much intrigue baby).

I'm done,
Anton

Anton

HSC
My principal is indeed Ms. Moxham. How do you have the pleasure of knowing that?

Anton

im jess

haha cause she was our principal before she went to fort street!!! hahaha..... i remember the first thing she said ever was infront of the whole school on our first day back in assembly... "good morning young women of asquith" the whole school craked up, because we had never been called "young women of asquith" before, or "young women" for that matter

Anton

HSC
Yes, she's a bit of a mong really. On a personal level she's alright, in that she's nice to me. But overall, she's just an idiot.
Ah well, what can ya' do?

Anton

jenster

hahaha good for you fenix! monte 7/8 dances are the best! i wasn't there though... so sad.
so you're from marist hey. our brother school. i remember going to dances at marist when i was in year 7/8! because it was like, so cool. we use your school a lot. we use your hall because ours is sh!t and we use the church aswell. ahhh the joys of catholic schooling. well good luck in the hsc...

afrogirl

hmm i cant remember if i posted here or not...and im in procrastination mode...

im at strathfield girls high, doin
2 U adv eng
1 U ext eng 1
2 U modern history
1 U history extension
2 U legal studies
2 U society

ahhhh i need to say something else lol...i promised myself after this post id go study....

*dooby doo*

mmk...im goin.

debugz

HSC
hrmmmm
i just read this whole thread... top to bottom...
ive never met more boring people in my life
heheh jkkkkkkkkign

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by debugz
i just read this whole thread... top to bottom...
ive never met more boring people in my life
sorry, who's the one who reads...9 pages... of posts and then even makes a post about how boring everyone is?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
i guess his "j/k" at the end probably saved him..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)