schoolies is lame! (1 Viewer)

schoolies is lame

• Total voters

grannysmith

HSC
'yay lets all get drunk and reflect on how crap our lives are!'

wake up people if ur lives really are that bad why dont u put all that money spent on beer toward something constructive.

getting drunk is a weak and unimaginative copout which doesnt produce any positive outcomes other than a false sense of wellbeing.

who agrees?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
You are assuming you have to get drunk on schoolies.

I didn't drink at all and schoolies was a great time. Meet heaps of new people and got to know my friends better.

Perhaps the title of this thread is more suited to be 'getting drunk is lame'

stainmepink

HSC
grannysmith said:

wake up people if ur lives really are that bad why dont u put all that money spent on beer toward something constructive.

getting drunk is a weak and unimaginative copout which doesnt produce any positive outcomes other than a false sense of wellbeing.

who agrees?
haha i think ur over generalising. having fun after the hsc is great. why what would u do instead of schoolies?

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i got drunk twice at schoolies and that was it. but i had an awesome time. i went on the cruise and checked out some of new cal and lapped up the sunshine. instead of getting trashed every night and spending thousands like some people did, i got drunk a few times and saved the grog on those nights when i knew i had to get up early the next day.
my schoolies was pretty good i think.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
grannysmith said:

who agrees?
hahaha you're obviously not going and hence are trying to "look on the bright side", and bring those down who are going. lol fag.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i also like how you assume everyone who consumes alcohol has a shit life.

hubbie88

HSC
Bill Hicks said:
Drinking is the greatest fucking thing ever. You are obviously an idiot that does not appreciate the absolute glory of modifying the chemicals in one's body in order to differently experience stimuli.

It's science, it's tasty, it's fucking awesome and I'm super great.

Go back to your bible, or something.

Drinking != Weaksauce.
what a man

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
What the hell is the point of this thread? To denounce drinking or denounce schoolies!?

Personally...I am going to Melbourne for schoolies, but seeings as a don't drink...I won't be getting smashed...I guess then, that I am lame for going away and having a shitload of fun

nathola343

HSC
grannysmith said:

who agrees?

Honestly mate, who are you to try and bring other people down? Why shouldnt schoolies be the best time in your life, you've just finished 13 years of schooling so why the hell not celebrate by going on a trip with your mates?
If you want to have a drink, good on ya, your entitled to just as everyone else who's over 18 is. Are you only allowed to drink if your life's shit hey? well let me tell you this, millions upon millions of people's lives must be a deadset trauma if your theories correct.
Life is here to be enjoyed with people you enjoy surrounding yourself with so why not do it as much as you can?

half_caste

HSC
grannysmith said:

who agrees?
LOOK EVERYONE - a philosophical emo kid

my my my you've achieved your goal

everyone hates you :rofl:

go cut yourself and cry

Dominic

HSC
N/A
Lame people have a lame time at schoolies... nothing can help this... it's not Disneyland.

The people who make their own fun and energy have the best time, regardless of the destination.

All you need is a beach and some mates... hopefully a few other peeps in the same grad class you haven't met yet. What is wrong with that formula?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hahaha

I had the best time on schoolies and I actually drank less than I normally do, with one or two exceptions.

Three of the people I went with don't drink at all, and they had just as awesome a time.

The people who are down on schoolies have
a) no friends
b) a superiority complex
c) never been
d) ALL OF THE ABOVE.

grannysmith

HSC
wow seems like a pretty positive reply.

some people are quite defensive about their beloved drink which is interesting. most people that replied disagree that schoolies is lame.

yet 40% of the people who took the poll do think that schoolies is lame. hmm

You would be insane not to go out and have fun after school. its probably the only time in your life when you are free of either an educational institution or a career path, aside from retirement when you are too old to do anything. but in my opinion there are better options than spending a week in a crowded filthy dangerous community such as surfers' during schoolies week.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ummm, look, i know what the news says and all, but i was in surfers and i've got to tell you, unless you provoke someone, chances are you're not going to get shanked or anything.

like of course there's stuff you do to protect yourself (ie don't walk home on your own at 430) but dude, you shouldn't do that in sydney either.

i think you have completely the wrong idea, and i say that as someone who doesn't give a shit if people don't drink.

gracie007

HSC
well what does your social life consist of then?

a considerable amount of schoolies people dont get drunk at all, whts that got to do with any of it? obviously you've spent a great deal actually believing all the stuff they show thru the media on schoolies ....but surely you should know by now that the media isnt an accurate (and is bias) portrayal of what actually happens?

have you ever been on schoolies before to formulte that opinion?

i also fail to see why you think everyone that goes on schoolies has got a 'crap life' and are drowning in their sorrows. question, wouldnt it be the exact opposite? you've just finished school. you are free to do what you wish. you are spending time with great friends. hmmm, sounds really crap to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)