Schools Reputation + Students marks (1 Viewer)

HSC
tommykins said:
The fact that students that do humanitarian go well shows how much harder maths/science is.
...what the hell? That makes no sense.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
tommykins said:
The fact that students that do humanitarian go well shows how much harder maths/science is.
Doesn't it show that more students are interesting in humanities as opposed to science?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
tommykins said:
That statement lacks any reasoninng at all and is very ignorant.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Lol damn, I was waiting for some incoherent responses.

I was just kidding. :)

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
Usually when you choose subjects you enjoy you do well at them cause you like doing it? so you will try hard in every assessment to get the results.

Some people are bad at english, but its compulsary so you have to do it..im not that great at it but i'd rather do advanced over standard anyday!! Even people in standard find it too be bludgy and the people in their classes are quite dumb and don't work.

Do what challenges you.. And schools shouldn't be giving students a selection of subjects so that it can provide them with a reputation, my school provides all the subjects and it overall depends on the students whether or not they try in the subject then it will reflect their own work ethic and not the schools.

Scaling shouldn't be thought about when choosing subjects although it's what we tend to worry about in the year of the HSC but if you do well right through year 12 and exceed in the hsc it will be even better for you. People in general math subjects are able to get a band 6, the thing is they need to put in the hard yards to excel at getting it, cause it is like standard english and not easy to get a band 6 but when you do get it in general math it will improve your uai greatly.

So what im trying to say is..that it will not matter which subjects you choose to do because at the end of the day you get out of it what you put into it!!! If you don't try don't expect to get great results, if you don't do the work in class you wont get the results in the exams, if you bludge in year 12 why are you there?

Sonata

HSC
My standard class is pretty competitive as much as the advance, but wat the poster of the thread stated, is it really hard to get over a band 4 in standard?

hairspray

HSC
you should have researched ALL the info yourself. The teachers arent there to spoon-feed everything to students. And as to scaling, at my school teachers didnt want students to choose their subjects based on scaling.

flicka08

HSC
our school has a reputation for bad teachers!
recently the uai's have been around the 70's
but i think this years yr 12 may have a chance at breaking the 80's rought!

michael1990

HSC
flicka08 said:
isnt that what everyone says?

Our results last year were the same as yours.

And we are put under pressure as we do have some people who can potentially get low or high 90s.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
michael1990 said:
isnt that what everyone says?

Our results last year were the same as yours.

And we are put under pressure as we do have some people who can potentially get low or high 90s.
sif we are going to though

Road Runner

HSC
Rhanoct said:
Righto. I was discussing scaling with a teacher one day and she said something like "I'm not even supposed to be talking to you about this", so go figure. I agree that it's utter shit that they drill the whole 'do the subjects you enjoy' down our throats despite the fact that if we 'enjoy', say, <insert hopeless subjects here> our UAI is pretty much fucked from the outset.

What can you do?
[/size][/font]
it's not the 'scaling' of subjects that will determine if you get a good or bad UAI. For example, physics is a pretty high scaling subject but if you get like 50 or 60 out of 100 as your overall mark, then it might actually scale you down. It's the marks you get for any type of subject, high or low scaling that will eventually determine your UAI. Any subjects, despite its scaling value will certainly scale your UAI up if you get an overall mark ranging from 85 - 100. So choosing the subjects you most enjoy will make you more motivated to study it resulting in higher marks.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I cant be bothered reading this thread.
Ill just say this.

School MEANS NOTHING. in 2006 My school was ranked dead last (tied last actually).

In 2007, i got a UAI of 97.5 The next closest UAI was 70.

So basically it doesnt matter which school you go to, JUST WORK HARD :)

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Road Runner said:
it's not the 'scaling' of subjects that will determine if you get a good or bad UAI. For example, physics is a pretty high scaling subject but if you get like 50 or 60 out of 100 as your overall mark, then it might actually scale you down. It's the marks you get for any type of subject, high or low scaling that will eventually determine your UAI. Any subjects, despite its scaling value will certainly scale your UAI up if you get an overall mark ranging from 85 - 100. So choosing the subjects you most enjoy will make you more motivated to study it resulting in higher marks.
Well yes, but getting 90 in phys is 10x better than getting 90 in something like textiles.

patrick.swayze

HSC
N/A
flicka08 said:
im sure you will.. if you actually got off here and started studying u fool

bored of sc

HSC
tommykins said:
that's quite a generalisation you've got there - but has a base truth - as most stereotypes do ;)

SimonLee13

HSC
Omium said:
I cant be bothered reading this thread.
Ill just say this.

School MEANS NOTHING. in 2006 My school was ranked dead last (tied last actually).

In 2007, i got a UAI of 97.5 The next closest UAI was 70.

So basically it doesnt matter which school you go to, JUST WORK HARD :)
Wow, how did you end up in that school in the first place then? I've heard of people coming from overseas in yr 11 and getting 98+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)