Science 2007 (1 Viewer)

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
From my experience in maths and physics there are slightly more guys than girls. But it's nothing like engineering where the guy:girl ratio is like 50:1.

FlashCE

HSC
Wait, the guy:girl ratio for Engineering is like 50:1?

How the hell am I going to survive university?

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
Seriously though, don't worry about that ratio, it's just an estimate. Yes, in the engineering faculty you'll probably notice much more guys than girls. But the guy:girl ratio also depends on which stream you're doing. In some streams such as mechanical, guys far out number the girls whereas in software engineering and especially civil, it's a more even split.

In most streams of engineering, two first year maths subjects are compulsory. There are plenty of girls in those.

Last edited:

FlashCE

HSC
Okay, more reason for me to consider software instead of mechanical.

Midas Touch

HSC
During my info session, it was nearly a 50/50 split bw guys and girls (prob 60/40 at the most in favour of the guys), which is not too bad if u ask me.

rougecat87

HSC
I will ignore the fact that this discussion is dead and add my own gleeful trilling...

I am also doing Science at the esteemed University this year as part of a double degree. Not too sure on my first year subjects yet, but I have a bit of time to choose since I enroll on the 19th of February.

Some of the science boffins are quite scary. The one on Enrollment Day I had had one of those laser pointer things and kept threating people with it...:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)