Science :D (1 Viewer)

Ethan Costello

HSC
Hey Guys,

I am new to this website. Glad I found it!

Okay, so in Year 10, Term 3, everyone has to that Board of Studies Science Assignment. I am stuck for idea's and I don't have much access to 'things'.

What I have available:
- Dog
- A Fitness Fanatic

A project based around one of these would be good, but I can go get things.

Any one got ideas :D

Thanks, Ethan

ellie95

HSC
N/A
You could do a comparison of how junk food and healthy foods affect the fitness level of someone (how quick they can run and how many sit ups they could do)

Ethan Costello

HSC
You could do a comparison of how junk food and healthy foods affect the fitness level of someone (how quick they can run and how many sit ups they could do)
Yeah, I could but the assignment is due on the 9th, so I do not have enough time. I would have had it all done, but my mum wouldn't buy the stuff I needed for the project.

ellie95

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I could but the assignment is due on the 9th, so I do not have enough time. I would have had it all done, but my mum wouldn't buy the stuff I needed for the project.
That's a shame, Why dont you test flammability of kids clothing, cutting it up into pieces (ones with low fire danger tag) and your variables could be different materials. You could write your observations.

Ethan Costello

HSC
That's a shame, Why dont you test flammability of kids clothing, cutting it up into pieces (ones with low fire danger tag) and your variables could be different materials. You could write your observations.
That is a actually a great idea. What would I be observing though? How fast it burns up?

ellie95

HSC
N/A
That is a actually a great idea. What would I be observing though? How fast it burns up?
You can write down how fast it burns up and also what it looks like (describe it) and add the before burning and after burning pictures if you have the time just make sure it is a low fire danger ones.

Ethan Costello

HSC
You can write down how fast it burns up and also what it looks like (describe it) and add the before burning and after burning pictures if you have the time just make sure it is a low fire danger ones.
Alright, Thanks a lot! I will look into it.

Thank-You

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Wtf surely that can't be healthy lol. With the fumes and all.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
What is this Board of Studies science assignment? :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
SRP can be really simple, just lots of good diagrams and furfilling good experiment practice.

I did paper towel absorbency in Year 10 and got almost full marks, took microscope pics of their structure and all.

In Year 8, I did the colour ice cubes were on affecting their melting speed and got almost full marks there too.

Both were very simple and cheap to do and got good results :)

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
^^ This. Our teacher cheated and we did one as a class and called that our Independent Project xD
Haha, very independent :p

And yes I remember this now! I did 'Does temperature affect the rate of dissolution' or something like that :)

Wonder

HSC
Ahh I remember this! It was pretty fun actually. I did how temperature affects battery voltage over a certain time period. Other things you could try:

- Background music and how it affects a person's concentration
- " " heart rate
- Accuracy of red cabbage as an indicator
- Different food preservatives in preventing bread mould
- etc.

Last edited:

iEatOysters

HSC
Ah yes, this. I did something on bubbles and how long they last. :D
Science Fair has plenty of project ideas. You could always check that site.

Indoz

HSC
i think i did something along the lines of whether temperature of water effects the angle of refraction, when travelling from air through water, and back into air. The only real issue was how i was going to measure the angle through water, and how to put the water into a glass cup (if i aim the beam at the glass, it will also include the refractive index of glass, as well as the water). In the end I found some formula to exclude the refractive index of the glass, and i just used trig.

Determined3

HSC
i remember this. i just investigated how the acidity of soil influenced plant growth- just used some beans and got some chemicals from school to alter ph

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)