Science Students' Transition Workshop (1 Viewer)

Carlito

HSC
hmm, got a letter in the mail today from the uni.. invitation to this transition thingy at the end of feb which costs 10 bucks..

anyways, just wondering if anyones going to it

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lolz, dunno... i might go there just for social... dun expect to learn anything new tho... cuz we pretty much learnt them durin open dayz etc etc....

Collin

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I'll go. I probably wouldn't end up spending the day doing anything more productive anyway.

:D

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by JKDDragon
Yeah, I'll go. I probably wouldn't end up spending the day doing anything more productive anyway.

:D
well mainly cuz tis a sunday... n one day before the owk, so yea, might as well...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Carlito
hmm, got a letter in the mail today from the uni.. invitation to this transition thingy at the end of feb which costs 10 bucks..

anyways, just wondering if anyones going to it
what? i never got anything like that...hmm.. :S

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
u can just go... register at some where... i forgot where but

oh wait: www.science.usyd.edu.au/transition

yea, register, but u gotta find a way to pay... lolz.... 10 bucks... prolly nto worth it, but meh,. who cares...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
oh yea, they sent me two... is that y??

Collin

HSC
N/A
It's on a Sunday? Woah, that changes everything.

And TEN BUCKS? Geez, do they think we're made out of money or something?

Heh, I'll go.. probably. If I can score the day off work. I'll probably just get my mum to write a 10 bucks check. Quite the annoyance how you're not allowed to pay via cash though.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Freaking_Out: The transition workshop is for students in the science faculty rather than all of those taking a science degree of some sort.

Another thing... How can any of you complain about a ten dollar fee when you are attending the University of Sydney? Surely by now you have realised that that is likely to be the cheapest part of your university life by far...

The idea of the day is to introduce you to other people taking similar units so that you will know a person or two once you start attending classes, and the advice of the older students is helpful, too. It is worth a Sunday, easily.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Generator
Freaking_Out: The transition workshop is for students in the science faculty rather than all of those taking a science degree of some sort...
yeah, i guess so- thats why i haven't got info. on this in my mail!

anyways, yeah, $10 is nothing compared to the costs involved with university! :D

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yeah, i guess so- thats why i haven't got info. on this in my mail!

anyways, yeah, $10 is nothing compared to the costs involved with university! :D
lolz, yea, fink of the COMPULSORY contribution... it betta worth it...

Collin

HSC
N/A
I was originally going to accept my late offer BSc (Nutrition) & BHSc (Exercise and Sports) which was fee paying. Now THAT would of really reaped my wallet. Especially if I find that I couldn't transfer to HECS after one year or something, that would be truly tragic.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
thank god u didn't lor... lolz...jkd dragon... ^^

but honestly, how much would full fee payin cost??

Collin

HSC
N/A
For 2003 it was $15,700.

BUAHAHAHA.

That COULD of worked for me, provided I get a few more erm.. FULL time jobs and also successfully modify my genetic code so that I would no longer need to sleep.

Study by day, work my tired arse off at night at some 'would you like fries with that' job. :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by JKDDragon
For 2003 it was $15,700.

BUAHAHAHA.

That COULD of worked for me, provided I get a few more erm.. FULL time jobs and also successfully modify my genetic code so that I would no longer need to sleep.

Study by day, work my tired arse off at night at some 'would you like fries with that' job. :)
by law of natrual selection, jkd dragon, if u do that, lolz, ur gene will be flooded in the human populartion in future years...

providin that it does not haf any serz side effects such as makin u sterile... =p blehz

Collin

HSC
N/A
Then I will be the Alpha-ish male in the world.. mwahahahaha.............. or maybe not.

LOL yeah, that would be hell funny that I acquired such a dominative characteristic, only to be negated by my also newly acquired side effect of sterility.. hahahaha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)