Screamo/post-hardcore/emo (1 Viewer)

the_used

Yeah....I'm bored..and need some new music suggestions.. So, I decided to make a thread where everyone can suggest screamo/post-hardcore/emo bands for everyone's listening pleasure... I'll start with some of my faves..SOME of which don't belong to the above genres, thats just what I'm mainly looking for suggestion wise.. (Also keep in mind..I'm going off my winamp list, not my cd collection..I'll do that when im in another bored mood one day..)

A static lullaby
Alkaline trio
Anberlin
Armor for sleep
At the drive-In
Bayside
The beautiful mistake
Boys night out
Brand new
Coheed and cambria
Dead poetic
Emery
Fall out boy
Feeling left out
Finch
From autumn to ashes
Funeral for a friend
Further seems forever
Glassjaw
Grade
Hawthorne heights
Head automatica
Hidden in plain view
Hot hot heat
Jack Johnson
Jimmy eat world
John butler trio
Lost prophets
Mae
Matchbook romance
Michael franti
Missy Higgins
Muse
My american heart
My chemical romance
Pete murray
The rocket summer
Saves the day
Senses fail
Silverstein
Something corporate
Spitalfield
Spoken
Stars hide fire
The starting line
Story of the year
The streets
Sunk loto
Swanky Dee (IF YOU EVER GET A CHANCE TO SEE THESE GUYS LIVE..FUCKEN BE THERE..THEY ARE DAMN AWESOME! p.s - check them out anyway if you can get a hold of their shit..I have it on soulseek if anyone else uses the program)
Sparta
Taking back sunday
Thrice
Thursday
The used
Underoath
Unwritten law
Waterdown
Xavier Rudd
Yellowcard

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
just cayse i'm listening to it now... POWDERFINGER

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Wow missy higgins just stuck out... I dunno if she fits in your genre's... but whatever... she's brilliant anyhow.

Ummm... New Found Glory??? Trapt?

You've named most of the ones I was going to suggest!!!

artfag

Banned
HSC
ummm...? none of those are really screamo/post-hardcore/emo

they sure suck though

here's some bands that suck less;

indian summer
the kodan armada
cowboys became folk heroes
seeing means more
circle takes the square
saetia
envy
embrace
rites of spring
cap'n jazz
bane
converge
american football
mineral
sdre

emo sucks anyway.

the_used

Dude, if you read my post properly, you'd notice that i DID mention that some of them didn't fit into the genres mentioned.. Anyways, thanks for the list

Annnnddd sped_kid01, swanky dee are still pretty unknown, they're from byron bay, one of my mates' cousins is the lead singer - really really nice guy.. But yeah, they've played in every state of australia.. so they've been around a bit.. Played in balmain not long ago actually.. You'd remember them if you saw them.. check out their site and see (www.swankydee.com i THINK)

artfag

Banned
HSC
hey, 'dude', i did read your post, and all i could see were a bunch of shitty pop-punk/faux-emo bands

thursday are soooo screamo dude

edit: i'm sorry, i don't mean to be so hostile

but i just can't resist when your username is 'the_used'

Last edited:

the_used

If you didn't like/agree with the post..or the thread..just don't post here, simple as that.. There's a lot of dicky posts on forums, but you just look like a fuckwit when you try to argue with people over them..particularly when, a lot of the time, you have no idea how to convey meaning..
Additionally, I don't know what you consider "pop-punk".. but if you class half of that shit as pop-punk, you should do some research, and not judge a band from what you have been told, or just find reason not to like them because the lyrics/singing is a bit more talented than that of Converge or Mineral.. (IMO)
Well done for noticing my screen name, yes I like the used - in the end, everybody has a right to listen to what they will..
So, to please artfag .. Anybody have any pop-punk/faux-emo recommendations?

artfag

Banned
HSC
i pick fights on the internet to boost my self esteem

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
the_used....yep just found out how id heard of them...lol..they played @ a school social (dance/disco...what ever u wanna call it) in year 7.....my school is near byron...haha how weird.

the_used

Ohhhhh early swank..probably nowhere near as good as what they are now.. that's pretty fucken weird though man.. what school by the way?

Last edited:

Mike iE

HSC
If your into the screamo stuff, watch out for Badge Of Honour, they are a young band from around the Hills, they've been recording with ODS and After the fall. I'm not a fan of he genre, but these guys go alright

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
artfag said:
ummm...? none of those are really screamo/post-hardcore/emo

they sure suck though

here's some bands that suck less;

indian summer
the kodan armada
cowboys became folk heroes
seeing means more
circle takes the square
saetia
envy
embrace
rites of spring
cap'n jazz
bane
converge
american football
mineral
sdre

emo sucks anyway.
If you like envy try some Sleepless or Sol Invictus. Both bands have the same smoothness/slow pace like envy minus the emo and alot of the wankery. Sleepless is probably a better band to check out imo, their debut is a great listen after a busy day of burning churches and slaying christians. :uhhuh:

artfag

Banned
HSC
the name sol invictus sounds really familiar- have they released something with current 93 or nurse with wound?

what's sleepless' debut called? checking 'em out now :)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
artfag said:
the name sol invictus sounds really familiar- have they released something with current 93 or nurse with wound?

what's sleepless' debut called? checking 'em out now :)
Their debut is "Winds Blow Higher" on The End Records.

And yes that's Sol Invictus, they released a 3 vinyl box set with those two bands. Man you know your stuff :p

I think "In The Rain" is probably their best release if you are soulseeking.

artfag

Banned
HSC
i love c93 and nww so i'll definitely have to check these guys out :)

Colgs

HSC
Mike iE said:
If your into the screamo stuff, watch out for Badge Of Honour, they are a young band from around the Hills, they've been recording with ODS and After the fall. I'm not a fan of he genre, but these guys go alright
Were they that band that played at the Hype fest? I didn't see them, but my friend said they weren't so great, and I'll base my judgement of a band on someone elses :p

There's suprising few Screamo or Post-hardcore bands in that, how can you have a Screamo or post-hardcore list without Saetia or Fugazi?

Out of your list 'the used' the ones I like are:
At the drive-In
Michael franti and Spearhead

and to a lesser extent:
Thursday
My chemical romance
Muse
Co&Ca

artfag knows where it's at, converge, werd.

Shattered Dreams, Atreyu are a joke, the only shit funnier is Avenged Sevenfold and Bleeding Through, Orange County Hardcore is a disgrace although muchos respectos to Ignite.

Good to see a few hills district kids, as long as none of you are one of the sadcunts that hang out at castle towers. Degeneracy, a local band, are supporting Most Precious Blood at Panthers, should be good, heard on the grapevine they play grind, which is good news for the hills scene...... (do we even have a scene?)

Mike iE

HSC
yeah mate, they won HYPE. I havent seen them live, only heard a few recordings. They are good at what they do, but not my style. My old band played HYPE a few times, Indecent Exposure.
Theres no Hills scene, bands have to go west - Penrith, blacktown - if they want gigs. We need venues to play at. I hear the old library is going to become a youth centre .. a possible venue for local AA gigs ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)