SCRS - Comments/Suggestions (1 Viewer)

heyyawatever

Watch this space
HSC
Considering this scheme as an avenue to UNE. Are there any UNE students out there who have gone through this scheme with any opinions / suggestions in regards to it?

I've been briefly familiarised with the features of the system ( my careers adviser actually suggested it to me!), but I'm not sure of my chances if I applied. I'm a bright student, dont get me wrong, but curious as to the yearly intake and the schemes popularity.

Thanks in advance:)

ben7

I havnt been through it but I am deff going for it! If i dont get in this way I dont think I will get into what I want to do. :S
I want to do Rural Science. If I dont get in here its either Orange or Gatton.
But yeh I think a fair few people get in by pre-selection at UNE.

Ben

heyyawatever

Watch this space
HSC
:rolleyes: Well that was a waste of space. Despite being in a similiar boat as you- just quietly-it's not a free ride for semi-literate slackers.

It's so frustrating trying to find real facts and figures off the universities, it's strange they all feature elaborate websites yet most of the time it boils down to a few marks in an exam.

ben7

You just wasted space saying i wasted space :D, they got plenty of room..

and i aint no slacker, i work hard, just not as hard as a few others but the natural ability aint too high either.

Yeh the websites suck, and even the little pamphlets you get are full of pretty picutres but not much real info.

Last edited:

Ashleet

HSC
I went through this system (there used to be a thread here about it but it was deleted) Basically its just reassurance to get into the course you want to get into cause its an avenue of early selection.

Once you fill in the form and all on the 6th of december, if you have been accepted you will recieve a letter which basically says youve been accepted and you get to pick which one out of the three options you have chosen to study.

Most people who go through the scheme are selected to study here and hey, if you stuff up your HSC you still have your chance. There arent any restraints that you have to keep up a specific academic level or anything so its really advisable that you try this entry method

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Some people won't get into all three of the options they applied for. My friend only got into one.

Quite a LOT of UNE students got in through it, I think... just about all my friends did, even if they got a high enough UAI for the course they wanted anyway, they got in through the SCRS.

I think it's a good idea to apply for it, even if you're a good student, because you never know whether the UAIs will jump or maybe you'll just have a bad day during the exams and not do as well as you might have otherwise.

Christine

beige member
HSC
for what its worth i know a lot of people who got in by principals rec and they got not so great uai's...

if your eligible for principals rec take the opportunity - its pretty much a free ticket

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)