second-hand book shops? (1 Viewer)

bamboofighter

HSC
Does anyone know of any second-hand bookshops in the sydney metropolitan area?

bamboofighter

HSC
I don't know if this will help, but i heard from a friend that markets [flemington or something] MIGHT have these stores.
I don't go to the markets often, but if you happen to go there, keep an eye out for them.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
there is this tiny second hand store in north sydney right near oportos...its really tiny and u can find soem weird titles in there if ur interested in anything like that- conspiracy theories, religous dogma crap, the worlds worst self help/biographies.

duggoh

Adam
HSC
Yuh... There are 2nd hand bookshops everywhere, what can I say... I totally love 2 recycle books :p

Here's my tip though, don't go in looking for anything in particular... cause you might get dissapointed... just go in looking for a couple of great reads.

Elizabeth's Secondhand Bookshop
126 Oxford St Darlinghurst 2010

Elizabeth's Secondhand Bookshop
197 King St Newtown

T's Bookshop
136 Avoca St Randwick
(this is where I go, there's heaps of books... but its really cramped)

also alot of universities hold second hand sales to raise money, so lookout for those to...

*adam*

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
If you happen to live in Castle Hill or around there, there is a second hand bookshop in Castle Mall. Galaxy (The huge sci/fi, fantasy, horror bookstore behind the QVB) also sells second hand books.

HSC
there is a HUGE secondhand book store on king street in newtown.
it's pretty far up king street towards the direction of sydney uni.
it is so big that it would over a year to properly look at all the books.
i'll try find an address and post it here later.

also there is a small one at broadway near glebe point road.

choc-chip

HSC
I know there's one in Ashefield, somewhere not quite sure ...

Xeno

Xeno
HSC
There is one at Hornsby within walking distance of Hornsby train station....it's not on the same side of the lines as Westfield and most of the other shopping places.

Also there's one in Mosman called John's Bookshop. It's near a Just Jeans shop in the Mosman Cache, 710 Military Road.

Insouciance

HSC
If you're ever in Melbourne, there is the most fantastic second hand book shop there - behind Prahn Markets, it's called The Pig's Wings. It's positively amazing, like something out of a movie. :p

0Jade0

HSC
T's hmmmm Don't count of finding the books that you need, they usually have to order them in... or you buy them new. They come to our school every year to rip us off.

doofus bob

there's one in burwood on the burwood road on the opposite side to westfield, lots of romance books but theres crime fic and sci fi as well as other genres

there's a really small one in a laneway off the hume highway in yagoona

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Appart from the one that neo_o mentioned in Castle Hill, I don't know the location of many second hand book stores, but I do suggest you look in op shops like St Vinnies and stuff. It depends on the store, some have shit-all, others have an amazing collection of second hand books. Ones I recommend include the Vinnies in Mosman, and also one in Hornsby, near the TAFE.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Sappho's Bookshop on Glebe pt rd. Cornstalk on King st, Newtown.

laracroft

theres one in Rozelle/Balmain, on Darling Street, really close to victoria road. its pretty ok, not huge but they have some good stuff, n alot of non fiction stuff 2

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
there's one in gordon i think near the shopping centre on pacific hwy

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
choco said:
there's one in gordon i think near the shopping centre on pacific hwy
Thats shut down now :(

There are a lot of good ones in the city and all the ones I can think of off the top of my head have been mentioned. There is an OK one in Crows Nest opposite Xenos Cafe. They give you decent credit there for a trade in.

I know there is one in Bondi too that gives you cash for books, which is always handy, but I cant remember the address.

The second hand bookstore at UNSW is really under-rated too. I get a lot of stuff from there and its always cheap and in good condition since most of the books get used for only a semester and then traded in.

kaylz

HSC
2nd hand bookstores

there's quite a good one in leichhardt on norton st...
anywhere like newtown and other inner city areas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)