Second & Third year credit point clarification (1 Viewer)

jpr333

HSC
Do we get a choice? From next year second and third year subjects will become the standardised 6cp subjects, with the option of doing an 'extra' assignment for the last two credit points. This is a change from the traditional 8 cp second and third yr subjects. Personally I find this somewhat unfair, since last year the only 8cp subject I had I didn't find too difficult work load wise (corporations law). Now do we actually get a choice on the matter? If so how, when and where is this choice made? Do you guys really think the extra assignment would be worth the credit points? Personally I don't think it would be since long semester logn assignments have never really been my forte and I can't really compete with the workaholics who manage there time much more effectively then me :p

Anyway, thoughts on the matter? (Yes I know there have been a few threads on this but it's been scattered and sparse I'm just looking for a confined thread here thx mods).

jpr333

HSC
So going off the Usyd site it doesn't appear to even give us the option to do an extra 2cp assignment, this must just be wishful thinking on the uni/tertiary eduction board's part (and probably won't materialise past the official letter sent out earlier this yr). So it looks like I just have to do 2nd and 3rd year subjects with the 6cp standardisation.

Oz

HSC
Not sure how you can enroll in the 8cp units, but in the emails they sent out to us last year, (round sept from memory) i gathered that your only allowed to complete your degree with 8cp units if you already have done some 8cp units before 2006 and doing 6cp units would stuff up your unit limit or majors. best bet is to ring up the E&B student office and ask them

jpr333

HSC
Looking at it now from a 6cp perspective you can almost, almost get away with a triple major in accounting/finance/claw within the regular B of Commerce degree. They prob wouldn't allow this though would they?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
why wouldn't they allow it?
you can major in as many subjects as you see fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)