seeking casual job!!! (1 Viewer)

x.glam

HSC
im 16y/o. looking for a job. hoping to go casual retail, as a sales assistant. never being employed before (unless counting work experience and community services).

also as ive had zero experience, how would that affect my resume as i would have no one as referees? (or would someone like to volunter and become my referee? lol)

im thinking of fashion chain stores...

would love to hear your recommendations & experiences please:
* what job?
* position title?
* pay?(weekday or weekend)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
If you've never been employed before, you would obviously seek award wage. As for your references, you would put someone who has a really good job and high status as your character reference as you don't have any former employer references. Perhaps you can also put your year advisor of your school as a reference.

You might wanna apply in retail stores in shopping centres or on seek.com.au etc..

x.glam

HSC
thanks that was really helpful!! but can you clarify what you meant by award wage??

Peartie

HSC
minimum wage +(usually) 20% for casuals in lieu of sick pay, annual leave etc

T

Testpilot

Some jobs may look at school reports as well as character references.

"Chubby"

HSC
big w's mostly everywhere in NSW are taking applicants for xmas staff.....jsut go onto bigw.com.au and click on careers.

CieL

HSC
x.glam said:
also as ive had zero experience, how would that affect my resume as i would have no one as referees? (or would someone like to volunter and become my referee? lol)
I was forced to write a resume in HS.. and since I had no paid experience either, they just told us to put the career advisor's name/details, and the year advisor's name/details as the referees..

I just got a shit random job at first and moved upwards.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Chubby said:
big w's mostly everywhere in NSW are taking applicants for xmas staff.....jsut go onto bigw.com.au and click on careers.
i swear, everywhere but the big w closest to me *burn*

HSC
Testpilot said:
Some jobs may look at school reports as well as character references.
Character references will be highly regarded, however some positions won't even look at references. When I applied at woolworths, I put down three referees, and not one of them was contacted. Just proves that sometimes they just get desperate.
But then again, it was Woolworths. I guess it just depends on where your sights are.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
hey there, another newb to the workforce? welcome.

firstly, i would not recommend going to any of the seek.com.au or jobseek or career etc. simply because those employers spent heaps to get a decent guy, not someone without prior working experience, no offence.

secondly, you may want to hit woolies, big w or well known working places for a while, get your experience up and build up your resume.

i know a place where you can get a job, 100% guaranteed. no not maccas or kfc. pm me if you want to know.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
sigh. im so sick of my woolies and big w stores. seriously, places out in ass-fuck nowhere in the outback have more jobs going at any given time than my store/s. they dont even have any christmas vacancies up. i hate the hawkesbury.

well okay i dont hate it but...argh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)