SELECTIVE SCHOOLS YR11 ENTRY SYDNEY GRAMMAR (1 Viewer)

tigermum111

HSC
For those who have done the Sydney Grammar Entrance Exam

I'm trying out for the exam for year 11 entry in | 2025 |. If possible, Could you give me some insight into the test, I'll list them below.

(Could you reply to this thread if you have done the exam, or other similar tests like entries into different schools) Thanks :spin:

1. | Maths | What does it mean by general ability? I do understand though, that general ability is ones ability to reason and solve problems
mathematically. But what I don't understand is whats actually being tested on the Entrance Exam, Since GA is such a wide topic. In your opinion, what could you compare it to? Could you give me a general checklist of what to revise, on the test?

2. | Preperation | I have prepared a decent amount for the test. Around 3 hours in school days to | 3 - 6 | hours in the weekends / holidays. Am I studying too much, because I reckon I am. Could you give me some insight on how you prepared for it?

3. | Resources | What resources did you use to prepare for the test? I know its going to be very difficult as the year 11 entry is the most competitve exam out of all year groups. I have a general idea of what I am studying. I am using | ASSESSMENT TRAINING | for some aspects of general ability and other resources such as AOPS, AMC or AMC8 / AMC10. Can you give me a general idea of what resources I should use to prepare for the exam.

Thanks for responding:angel: If you reply, It would be of great help.

Btw, I don't know what my profile pic is

Yes99

HSC
are you a parent or a student? Sydney grammar is not a selective school, it's a private school but you can apply for a scholarship.
are you saying you are studying 3 hrs a day? or have 3 hours to spare to prep for the test?
if you are studying 3 hours on top of homework and co/extra-curricular, that's impressive.

sheppy123

HSC
are you a parent or a student? Sydney grammar is not a selective school, it's a private school but you can apply for a scholarship.
are you saying you are studying 3 hrs a day? or have 3 hours to spare to prep for the test?
if you are studying 3 hours on top of homework and co/extra-curricular, that's impressive.
quite literally a selective school…. I guess you’re saying that just because it’s not department of education but oh well

jonolad69

HSC
lol what?

ShyGexiao

Banned
HSC
i did it in year 7. The GA section was like an IQ test, english was writing a lotta reflective pieces.

tigermum111

HSC
i did it in year 7. The GA section was like an IQ test, english was writing a lotta reflective pieces.
wdym? I thought writing was just a creative piece based on a prompt. And reading being reading comprehension?

tigermum111

HSC
it kinda is now

Yes99

HSC
quite literally a selective school…. I guess you’re saying that just because it’s not department of education but oh well
no i was saying that because parents still needs to be pay more than $45,000 every year, and just because they have an entrance test and does well in hsc, doesn't mean its a selective school, so i thought.

jonolad69

HSC
ok, so its just normal components of maths, reading comprehension and prompt based writing (creative) right?
yes, just make sure you do well in the interview lol

hopefully you're not a complete robot

tigermum111

HSC
no i was saying that because parents still needs to be pay more than $45,000 every year, and just because they have an entrance test and does well in hsc, doesn't mean its a selective school, so i thought.
yeah but the education that you receive in sydney grammar is unmatched. They are literally top 3 in everything. but the price is hefty though..:hammer:

Sadoplop1

Banned
HSC
N/A
yeah but the education that you receive in sydney grammar is unmatched. They are literally top 3 in everything. but the price is hefty though..:hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)