Semester 1 2012 Timetables! (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Red Centre to CLB... that's a walk. CLB to John Clancy, less of a walk. Doable.

Chemical Sciences to Old Main Building is okay. (good luck finding your way around the OMB though!)

Keith Burrows to Matthews... yeah, you should definitely change that. And Matthews to Red Centre is the same trip in reverse, pretty much.

Old Main to CLB... again that's a walk because OMB is just behind the Red Centre. CLB to Keith Burrows...

Yeah that's a very bad timetable, walking wise. I hope you climb stairs very quickly.

IamBread

HSC
Red Centre to CLB... that's a walk. CLB to John Clancy, less of a walk. Doable.

Chemical Sciences to Old Main Building is okay. (good luck finding your way around the OMB though!)

Keith Burrows to Matthews... yeah, you should definitely change that. And Matthews to Red Centre is the same trip in reverse, pretty much.

Old Main to CLB... again that's a walk because OMB is just behind the Red Centre. CLB to Keith Burrows...

Yeah that's a very bad timetable, walking wise. I hope you climb stairs very quickly.
Hmm.. walking time never occurred to me, and I have no idea which room is where :D. I guess I'll see if I can fix it. If not, I'll just end up super fit! :skip:

D94

HSC
N/A
For those in first year, remember to not just blindly make your timetables.

Account for walking distance between classes

Don't be like "okay, i'll put my 1pm class in the biomedical theatres and my 2pm class in the law building" (current unsw students will get the joke)
Oh dear... Looks like I'll have to run/fly from the Clancy Auditorium to the Law Theatre :/ Um, and there isn't/wasn't any other option.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hmm.. walking time never occurred to me, and I have no idea which room is where :D. I guess I'll see if I can fix it. If not, I'll just end up super fit! :skip:
During O-Week or during a break you have on your first day, make a note to find out where buildings are. More specifically, where your lectures and tutes are.

Oh dear... Looks like I'll have to run/fly from the Clancy Auditorium to the Law Theatre :/ Um, and there isn't/wasn't any other option.
If it helps, you can leave the lecture at any time. Just leave at five minutes to and then you might get to the Law theatre at around 5 past, walking quickly.

IamBread

HSC
Hmm... it appears I am unable to change my Keith Burrows to Matthews, both lectures that I don't get a choice in. Guess I'll end up being super fit!

During O-Week or during a break you have on your first day, make a note to find out where buildings are. More specifically, where your lectures and tutes are.
I plan too. Hopefully I'll learn where everything is quickly.

D94

HSC
N/A
If it helps, you can leave the lecture at any time. Just leave at five minutes to and then you might get to the Law theatre at around 5 past, walking quickly.
Do the lecturers (or who ever) start on the hour or like 5-10 minutes past the hour?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hmm... it appears I am unable to change my Keith Burrows to Matthews, both lectures that I don't get a choice in. Guess I'll end up being super fit!.
Yeah, or just leave early so you can be on time.

Do the lecturers (or who ever) start on the hour or like 5-10 minutes past the hour?
They start around 5 minutes past the hour. They also end 5 minutes before the next hour. That's what it should be, though some go over time.

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC
Starts 5 mins after and ends 5 mins before. It really doesnt matter, plenty of people are late all the time

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Haha shit I have a psych lecture in Matthews and a maths lecture in the physics theatre straight after, Im gonna have to change one
being 5 minutes late for a lecture is not a big issue, don't change your timetable for walking distance you dingus (unless you have a physical handicap that slows you down, which would be an important consideration)
Is my one okay, walk-able?
yes
see if there are any bus services that will connect you to bottom campus

ultimate luxury

I have a 4 day timetable because I'm not going to lectures on a friday

twistedrebel

HSC
everything is walkable if you arent fat/super slow walker. Seriously

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
being 5 minutes late for a lecture is not a big issue, don't change your timetable for walking distance you dingus (unless you have a physical handicap that slows you down, which would be an important consideration)

yes

see if there are any bus services that will connect you to bottom campus

ultimate luxury

I have a 4 day timetable because I'm not going to lectures on a friday
Buses only come every so often unfortunately... but it could be a plan.

everything is walkable if you arent fat/super slow walker. Seriously
Yes, walkable but might be uncomfortable. Like walking from the CLB to the Science Theatre, I was always a bit late... kinda daunting walking across the room to get to your seat and 95% are already sitting down.

DforDANNY

HSC
Uni Grad
timetable.PNG

B Economics, looking to major in Financial Economics and Finance

Argh, I thought ECON1102 had no prerequisites, so ECON1202 fucked me over big time.

SleepyZM

HSC
fuuuarrrkkk engineering is going to be the death of me!

joysofengineering.png

Does anyone else get a random clash? ENGG1000 is clashing with itself it seems xD

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)