Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Re: Semester 2 Chatter Thread

I find that i concentrate harder without music, but if i have the music going i'm usually able to concentrate for longer.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A

Music usually motivates me when im about to fall asleep, but productivity is greatly reduced, especially when im trying to memorise or do maths (which is all I do).

HSC

Sleep now.

Program for tomorrow:

-Edit PHIL2644 on computer
-2nd Edit of GCST3601 in writing
-2nd + Final Edit of GCST3601 on computer
-2nd Edit of PHI2644 in writing

Fin

stazi

Nightman
HSC

huge program for tomorrow for me - want to resumamrise my mktg3118 notes which i finished today. then i have to read the case study that'll be in the exam and formulate a mock response

lala2

Banned
HSC

Good morning everybody :) I woke up an hour ago in preparation for tomorrow where I really will have to get up before seven. Now I know what it's like to survive on six hours of sleep a night...it feels crap after the eight hours of sleep I've been getting every night since last Saturday. Today shall be the day I finish everything, which is also a motivator for me to get up so early.

amber44

HSC

Goodluck with the studying everyone!

kokodamonkey

HSC

It has been a week so i thought i would come and visit as a reward to myself and update you guys on my progress..

I have for one successfully stayed off facebook since last sunday and plan on continuing on doing so untill Tuesday the 18th (my last exam).

This week i studied monday,tuesday and thursday. (i worked Monday Night 5-8pm, thursday night 5-8pm, Friday 6am-3pm, Saturday 7am-4pm). Wednesday i had the US Elections at Manning Bar. There were 1200people there. Me and 3 other friends made up the republican/john McCain-Sarah Palin Supporters.. The other 1200people constituted TreeHugging Obama supporters...

We were a little out numbered, but atleast we got everyones attention and the media to ourself when we opened our mouths... which we made sure we did a lot :p

Lets see where my study for my subjects have been going thus far..
Macro Economics (Exam This Wed). I have learnt over the past week from the beginning of the course up untill the end of Week8. Which means over the next few days i just need to reach the end which i presume was a 13week semester.. So it looks like i am on track for Macro Economics..

Econometrics (Stats)... I am currently up to and in the middle of doing Week 3.. Now my exam isn't untill Monday the 17th, so i feel i sort of am on track, even though i need a mark between 70-80% in the exam in order to pass the subject, i feel if i can cover all 13weeks before next monday then i should be fine..

Australian Politics.. I have read nearly the first 150pages of the textbook, and its about a 400page textbook ( My only study im doing for this subject is to read the textbook,) and the exam is this friday. I feel if i try and get through about 50pages a day at night, then i should be okay.

German.. German i have done absolutely nothing for as of yet.. Semester1 covered topics 0-5 and Semester2 covered topics 6-12. I decided best to cover all of semester1 in my preparation, and have so far done topics 0 and topics 1.

The plan for the rest of the day is to Complete Week 3 Stats, Do Week 9 Macro Economics, Do Topics 2 and Topics 3 german, and perhaps even week 4 stats and some auspol reading.. But i guess well just have to see how i go, and i will update you guys on my position wednesday night after i have done the Macro Economics Exam and been to my Kung Fu class..

Love,

KokoDaMonkey.

lala2

Banned
HSC

That sounds like an awesome plan, kokodamonkey. Kudos to you for managing to keep up your energy levels with the working as well. Where do you work at? Your working hours are not the standard 9-5 I can see. Haha, I'm a tree hugging Obama supporter--more like, converted from Clinton since she lost :( but wow, that's a massive no of people to pack into Manning...wasn't even aware it could fit that many incl balcony and the Xbox room on the side...

On the upside, I have finished pharm prac--woot--and another six topics to go for physform but it should be a downhill battle from here as there's not as much detailed memorising as there was for pharm prac. Then I shall hopefully atempt past papers at some hour and then bedtime. And yeah, I've kept off the FB since last day of semester so that's good.

spence

HSC

Geopolitics study is a bitch. Only started yesterday, got 4 more readings to summarise, and I haven't even looked at lecture notes. Although from the sample questions he gave, they all seem to be on the readings

AntiJap

HSC
N/A

lala2 said:
That sounds like an awesome plan, kokodamonkey. Kudos to you for managing to keep up your energy levels with the working as well. Where do you work at? Your working hours are not the standard 9-5 I can see. Haha, I'm a tree hugging Obama supporter--more like, converted from Clinton since she lost :( but wow, that's a massive no of people to pack into Manning...wasn't even aware it could fit that many incl balcony and the Xbox room on the side...

On the upside, I have finished pharm prac--woot--and another six topics to go for physform but it should be a downhill battle from here as there's not as much detailed memorising as there was for pharm prac. Then I shall hopefully atempt past papers at some hour and then bedtime. And yeah, I've kept off the FB since last day of semester so that's good.
hey do they have physform and pharmprac in 3rd year too?

HSC

Have had quite a productive afternoon, but am running out of steam.

Only 700wds to edit for my CT essays!

lala2

Banned
HSC

AntiJap said:
hey do they have physform and pharmprac in 3rd year too?
Yep more of both. Pharm prac in both semesters and physform this semester. Watch out for Ben Basger's lectures--he tells you to read up on references, but what he doesn't tell you is how much to read--you have to memorise the entire TG. I hope you guys don't get anymore 8am starts :p though karma has come back to bite me in the ass with my OSCE exam starting at a beautiful 8am this coming Friday...:uhoh:

lala2

Banned
HSC

What wonders a nap can do for you! The sleep inertia's still in and I already feel more alive!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

My Plan For Today

- Finish or at least make great progress on hand in exam for prfm2602
-Watch and make detailed notes on some of the films I missed for English this sem
-Start study for social perspectives

What Happened

-We got a new kitten (omg so cute omg will upload pikshurs later)
-I spent all day playing with it :eek:
-Then I watched Borat because yeh

lol

spence

HSC

I've summarised a 338 page reader into ~20 pages.
Really cbf doing anymore. I'll be so happy if I pass this subject

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A

spence said:
I've summarised a 338 page reader into ~20 pages.
Really cbf doing anymore. I'll be so happy if I pass this subject
Geopol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)