semester 2 subjests *(*#)(@! &*#@ (1 Viewer)

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
SOCA 1020- Introduction to Social and Cultural Anthropology
PSYC 1020- Introduction to psych part 2 or something like that
LEGL 1001- Foundations of Law
HIST 1020- Australia in the 20th Century

I was thinking about doing a 5th unit because i want to do a double degree eventually (Social Work/Arts) but i think it may be a little too much work!... Has anyone done 5 10 unit subjects before and managed it ok? (with still having time for a life?!)

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I was going to attempt it last year, I think I would have coped fine, apart from the fact I absolutely detested the subject (lol, which happenned to be HIST1020 :p)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
SoCal said:
Haha, Macroeconomics I has such a bad name:p.
well..i hate it just because it's economics and that's boring..i shuddered at micro also..but i've been hearing macro is worse :s

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
em_516 said:
well..i hate it just because it's economics and that's boring..i shuddered at micro also..but i've been hearing macro is worse :s
I think it is more interesting than Microeconomics I but what do you expect from these kinds of subjects:p?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
absolute boring shit?

(these are compulsory for me..i can't choose yet)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
em_516 said:
absolute boring shit?

(these are compulsory for me..i can't choose yet)
Yeah, it is pretty boring but it can be alright if you try and make something of it:).

em_516

bludging..
HSC
try and make something of it?....like what?!

the only thing those lectures will have going for them is that i can sit with my mates

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Yeah, it is a bit like that. Just try and find something interesting about it. I found it more interesting than Microeconomics I because it gives you more of an idea about how Australia is run:).

rific

HSC
nessie_lee said:
I was thinking about doing a 5th unit because i want to do a double degree eventually (Social Work/Arts) but i think it may be a little too much work!... Has anyone done 5 10 unit subjects before and managed it ok? (with still having time for a life?!)
Yep, I've done a couple sems with 5 10's and still had a life, things get a little hectic at some points in the sem, but all in all, it's not too hard, depends on your courses I suppose - check out what the assignments are.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
MIND CHANGE!!

am now doing
EDUC2049 - teaching blah incl. prac
EDUC2031 - teach and learn mathematics k-6 (super excited about this one!)
DRAM2301 - cause i'm such a drama queen :D
ABOR1110 - cause it'll help me towards a job at the end of my degree!

huzzah! can't wait!

DV8

HSC
Craig said:
emgt1020- social development and the environment
haha enjoy! :D btw what did you guys think of ethics?

nessie_lee said:
Yeah I did this sem... it's quite doable if you can organise your timetable, generally had no problems during semester but got really crazy towards the end with all the assignments, study wasn't too bad tho. Like rific said it really depends on the subjects... I did 50 units but only had 20-21 hours/week... in saying all that I think I stuffed up my last exam so we'll see... :eek:

Next semester I'll be doing...
ENVS2040 Energy & the Environment
BIOL2070 Ecology
EMGT2040 Australian Flora
...and GEOS2050 River Basin Processes - but only if I've completely stuffed up something this semester... I'm keen for the 30 unit thing :)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
DV8 said:
btw what did you guys think of ethics?
i didn't mind it but i REALLY hated the tutes and especially the fact you have to do a tute presentation *shudder*..but other than that, yeh, it was pretty interesting and thank god for having a take home exam (although it's timing kinda sucked)..means i don't have to understand every topic in the course :uhhuh: :p

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
DV8 said:
haha enjoy! :D btw what did you guys think of ethics?
What were your experiences with emgt1020 like?
Ethics was a bit of a mixed bag, sometimes it was good, other times it sucked. In my view deep ecology is the most idiotic idea ever, but learning about religion as a source of environmental despotism allows me to tell of bible bashers when they come knocking on my door :rolleyes: . I didn’t really like the idea of a take home exam though.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
is that the followup ling to ling1110? i pity you poor child
It's a lower number. How does that work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)