Semester 2 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I am full of shiny new semester pep and new semester resolve(barely had many classes this week though haha). It's practically an ocean.

Will turn to trickle Wk 4.
I was tempted to sleep through my lecture the morning because I've established any class before 12 is stupid o'clock.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Gosh, why does Manning Bar have to busy?

How dare people want to eat and drink.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Where is the cheapest place to print stuff? I need to print 300+ sheets double sided (for a survey).

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Gosh, why does Manning Bar have to busy?

How dare people want to eat and drink.
Interfering with your honours work, the plebs who are only in their bachelor's years of B of Drinking and barely scrapping a credit in beer consumption.

So first Geography lecture today, seems like a nice oasis, the lecturer was so enthusiastic! *May* do 1902 as the only difference is instead of an essay, you get to do a project. All the same pracs/quizzes/exams. Most of the people considering 1902 I know from SSP bio last sem.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Interfering with your honours work, the plebs who are only in their bachelor's years of B of Drinking and barely scrapping a credit in beer consumption.

So first Geography lecture today, seems like a nice oasis, the lecturer was so enthusiastic! *May* do 1902 as the only difference is instead of an essay, you get to do a project. All the same pracs/quizzes/exams. Most of the people considering 1902 I know from SSP bio last sem.
Kurt Iveson?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Kurt Iveson?
Yep, we had three talk to us yesterday, but he was the super, super enthusiastic one and the unit coordinator. One making me to consider 1902. Have you had him as a lecturer much over your geography travails?

Also, who is your honours supervisor?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep, we had three talk to us yesterday, but he was the super, super enthusiastic one and the unit coordinator. One making me to consider 1902. Have you had him as a lecturer much over your geography travails?

Also, who is your honours supervisor?
Yeah, he's an awesome lecturer. I had him for GEOS1002 and GEOS3522 iirc. Probably between Kurt and Bill Pritchard for my favourite Geography lecturer.

This is my supervisor:

http://sydney.edu.au/agriculture/staff/ancev/index.shtml

Last edited:

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Already started skipping lectures this semester. YOLO

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, he's an awesome lecturer. I had him for GEOS1002 and GEOS3522 iirc. Probably between Kurt and Bill Pritchard for my favourite Geography lecturer.

This is my supervisor:

http://sydney.edu.au/agriculture/staff/ancev/index.shtml
Already started skipping lectures this semester. YOLO
I was already skipping the first day :0

(driving back from Byron)

GOODNESS ATTENDANCE NOW ON YES YES. With only one 8AM, no excuses :p

I've heard good things about Bill as well. Also lol at your supervisor's tilt head photo.

My maths lecturer today was so nice, she had the kinda vibe of that older kindly HS teacher-esqe feel and went through things methodically which I appreciate.

HSC
I 'accidentally' skipped a discrete maths lecture today.

Aysce

HSC
I know I'm meant to be BoS-dead but MBLG1001 is scaring the fuck out of me.

:cry:

Hold me.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I know I'm meant to be BoS-dead but MBLG1001 is scaring the fuck out of me.

:cry:

Hold me.
Seems to be the consensus from what I've heard.

Aysce

HSC
I could probably (hopefully) handle the theory component but what worries me about the practical component is the calculations.

They're not exactly the hardest in the world, but I'm just not very good at them. :(

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I could probably (hopefully) handle the theory component but what worries me about the practical component is the calculations.

They're not exactly the hardest in the world, but I'm just not very good at them. :(
Well it's early days.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Only skipped one class this week, that's definitely a new record for me. :awesome:

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
Dr Crossman is not a very good lecturer. I couldn't follow.

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
For engg1802,they require us to buy the 7th edition of engineering mechanics statics and they insist us to buy this edition. There are no second hand book available because it's printed last year.
I compared the 6th edition with 7th edition and apparatenly the difference is only the numbers. The questions,especially the questions for the tutorial are exactly the same!

Dr Crossman is not a very good lecturer. I couldn't follow.
he was bad in math1002 as well. I am going to come to the 8 am class next week to compare which lecturer is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)