Senator calls for burqa ban after robbery (1 Viewer)

etoile rouge

HSC
If i gave you a picture of 20 different people from different races wearing burqas would you be able to identify their ethnicity from 10 metres away?
Thats beyond the point. What I say earlier supports the idea that there is an importance for the individual's sense of self-identity. I don't need to know someone's identity by standing 10m away. We only value identity because society has decided to place significance on identity. But if you think about it is it really all that important to know what another person looks like?
I think the world would still function without it. Sure it may make things a little difficult but that is only because society has evolved based on how we want it to. By this I mean that we are in control of how we want society to evolve. Thus our use of identity (ID cards etc) has only become essential for social functioning because we've chosen to value it. Identity could easily have had no significance had humans chosen not to.
So my point is, I have no need to stand 10m away from 20 different people wearing burqas and know what the person standing behind it looks like.

hornydickface

Banned
HSC
It is disappointing reading some of these comments. I'm not muslim but i can recognise the importance of retaining a multicultural Australia. We all have the right to believe in whatever we want to and should be able to express it. I fail to understand racism. No one has the right to say someone doesn't belong here. The burqa is just another piece of clothing. This perhaps is what gives them an identity in their society. It has sentimental value. No one should take that away from them. No ones banning bikinis or whatever. People who aren't used to seeing something different in their society are clearly unexperience and make immature judgements. They need to learn to step out of their tunnel visioned brains and see the world for what it is really is. If they viewed muslims different they would understand the beauty of diverse nation.
Christians believe in god.
Muslims believe in god.
Hindus believe in god.
Bhuddists believe in god.
The only differences are the superficial things like what we wear.
fuck up dirty slut/whore/bitch, stop trying to waste valuable space on this thread because you want attention by appearing ''politically correct'' FUCK I HATE WHORES LIKE YOU!!

Lauchlan

HSC
its obvious that society needs to see your face and stuff, but they should not be banned.
simple as that.

etoile rouge

HSC
fuck up dirty slut/whore/bitch, stop trying to waste valuable space on this thread because you want attention by appearing ''politically correct'' FUCK I HATE WHORES LIKE YOU!!
lol, a) i'm not a whore since I don't fit the definition of the word that appears in the dictionary and b) thank you for sharing your premature opinion. I did exactly what you just did, that is, share my opinion. I guess when you learn to empathise you'll understand my perspective. btw, if i'm taking up this so-called 'valuable space' you are telling me your comments are taking up valuable space too. What you say and what i say are perspectives all the same. They take up the same amount of 'valuable space'

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
stop granting them visas then you dumb fucks.

question to be added on all visa applications:
"do you believe that women should be wearing burqa in public?"

if (no), then

'welcome to Australia m8';

else

'fuck off we're full'

end if
this just occured to me.

How the fuck do you get a passport with a burqa?

Like the picture would be useless.

aussie-boy

HSC
I don't think Muslims (men or women) perceive the burqa as a form of female restraint - it does seem to be a conscious choice. I don't think there is a proper argument from this angle.

The problem is that we live in a society where our social capital is derived from the collective identities of all Australians - when you cover up your whole body, you completely compromise that and remove yourself from society and the fabric of Australia is torn into individual little parts.

Only 10% of communication is through words - our interactions with these people are severely limited... this inhibits attempts at integration, inclusion etc. These people are happy to remove their burqas when chilling with Muslim friends - I see it as white Australians being told, "we have no need nor desire to have meaningful relations with anyone except our own little Muslim community" and this notion is absolutely incongruous with what should be expected of immigrants.

It's also quite disgusting how all men are profiled as perverted sexual animals

NB
-I have absolutely no problem with the burqas which only cover your hair - which are an appropriate level of symbolic respect towards Islam
-Vitamin D deficiency is becoming a serious problem... it's extremely unhealthy to get no sun

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Meh, wear whatever you want. Nobody should have any right to tell you how to dress.

But yeah I don't know how you address security in banks. They do ask motorcyclists to remove their helmets for security reasons, they need some way to identify people in the remote circumstance where they do rob a bank. Fingerprinting? I dunno.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
97% of 15000 callers believes they should be banned lol.

aussie-boy

HSC
Meh, wear whatever you want. Nobody should have any right to tell you how to dress.
Only to the extent where your clothing doesn't compromise you as a functioning member of society, free, willing and with the desire to conduct open communication with your neighbours, colleagues, staff serving you, even people walking on the street

Jazuzi

HSC
we muslims are the supreme ummah you kaffirs have no right to tell us what to do

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Only to the extent where your clothing doesn't compromise you as a functioning member of society, free, willing and with the desire to conduct open communication with your neighbours, colleagues, staff serving you, even people walking on the street
so I was walking down the street and i got COMPROMISED by this chick (presumably) wearing a veil :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)