Senior Geography Project (1 Viewer)

byambyam26

HSC
I am thinking of ideas for my senior geography project.

It has to be carried out in Balmain.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Abbyskies

HSC
N/A
Were you thinking of doing a more physical or human geography based project?

byambyam26

HSC
I was thinking of maybe doing impacts of gentrification on inner-city communities. I need some help with methods though, perhaps a survey.
Do you think this is a difficult topic.
Do you have any suggestions?
I don't mind, but I'm not really interested in testing soil/water, so maybe more human geography..

Thank you!

madharris

HSC
N/A
That sounds like like a good idea!
However I would say on your community/area not as inner-city communities sounds like you're going to be doing multiple areas (which you shouldn't because it's a lot of work)

You could do like traffic/congestion
Noise pollution
The future effects of more people living in the area

I think it's a very broad, but good topic! Just ask your teacher to get their opinion on it!

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
This is something really similar to what you might be doing in Year 12 under Urban Dynamics (depending on which city your school is doing). If you're even considering of doing such a topic I would say go for it.

For mine (last year) I did a survey/interviews on what people thought and knew on the Carbon Tax... maybe not so relevant now but worth a think.

byambyam26

HSC
That sounds like like a good idea!
However I would say on your community/area not as inner-city communities sounds like you're going to be doing multiple areas (which you shouldn't because it's a lot of work)

You could do like traffic/congestion
Noise pollution
The future effects of more people living in the area

I think it's a very broad, but good topic! Just ask your teacher to get their opinion on it!
Thanks for the advice. Yeah of course, I will do it based in Balmain. What did you do your SGP on, if you did study geography?

My question was: How has gentrification impacted the quality of life of Balmain residents.

Do you think that is too broad. Maybe I would be better off focusing on noise pollution, traffic congestion like you suggested.

What do you think about environmental awareness?
I could have questions such as what types of heaters do they use, what form of transport they normally use, whether they turn off their electrical appliances when they're not using them, whether they recycle etc.

Thanks

Makematics

HSC
Yeh make sure you do something on which you can conduct both PRIMARY and SECONDARY research. this might just be me, but i find it a lot harder to do quality primary research when studying human geo. i smashed mine last year (on water quality) but lost a mark due to a lack of secondary research which i couldnt fit in due to the word limit :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)