• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Senior Science / Physics. (1 Viewer)

kimberlin

HSC
Hello boys and girls . I was wondering if you could please advise me on some subject selections . I'm doing 13 units atm, and dropped physics [ ranked 45 / 70 something ] for senior science . Should i just drop senior science for 4 unit math (12 units) or do both to make 14 units ? AND is it better to do senior science very well or average at physics ..

Thanks in advance =]

tennille

HSC
I'd drop senior science for maths. I think it'll be very difficult to cope with 14 units.

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Wouldn't 14u be a little TOO hard? Well if you're ready for the work, the go for it! But it even SOUNDS hard...

kathrynso

HSC
Atm I'm going through the process of all this subject selections and I reckon nearly every teacher has seen me about it with different opinions. Really you should check with your teachers. I think you should do 12 units and not 14, unless you think you can cope along with your other subjects. I wanted to do senior science but I got advised against it.. Unless you have a passion for science or really sucked at Physics [marks wise] you can do Senior but then it also depends if you love Maths too. Hmmm It's so hard isn't it.

kimberlin

HSC
well basically i wanted a back up for my back up if that makes sense . if i do twelve (without senior science) 4 unit math doesnt go too good and i hafta drop it and then ill only have 11 units . so i thought, lets do senior science so if 4 unit sucks i'll have 13 which is 'more safer' . physics was so boring ... so the passion disappeared and the marks were pretty average as well .

may i ask kathrynso why your teachers advised you against senior science ?

kathrynso

HSC
Well if you are ready for the long story I'm about to tell you, bare with me.

Many teachers 'care' about what mark I will get in my HSC and they focussed on what subjects will help me get it. I just changed my Siggy. As you can see, I was carrying 14U in Prelim, it was ok I suppose but having to do SRC and other school events it got to me and no I'm in yet more things for the school I didn't know what to prioritise first.

So then I went onto the tedious process of getting interviewed by all the teachers who cared about what I would be getting myself into. Firstly, Everyone was like "Dance will be bad for you" but there was no way that I will be dropping it even though I am the only one in my class. So I went to my Maths teacher wit the possibility of doing Ext 2 Maths, he was sceptical about it, so I changed my mine. Then there was an opportunity of Senior Science opening on the PDHPE line which I soooo badly wanted to drop. Went to the process of "Why you want to do Senior". Then Maths H.T. Spoke to me about not doing Senior and doing Ext 2 Maths [still scared of it] then spoke to Deputy Principle today adn he reckons 11U is enough and leave Senior Science.

Wow I've never written anything this long before. So I guess the answer to your question is, They didn't think it was worth me putting the extra time doing Senior Science where I could be putting that time into English [which I need improving]. But no decisions can be made until we get our reports.... Arg...

kathrynso

HSC
Oh and I'm in the same position as you are with the whole backup thing. I wanted to pickup Senior Science so I can have a backup for Dance which I think is hard to beat the Newtown peeps but I'll still try. And I didn't want to do Ext 2 Maths because I like my Mathematics and Ext 1.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
10 units ftw

Last edited by a moderator:

zzzz

HSC
kimberlin said:
. physics was so boring ... so the passion disappeared and the marks were pretty average as well .

So I aint the only one who felt that way...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)