Senior Science - ? (1 Viewer)

Rayskiez

HSC
I've planned my subjects for Year 11 next year and I am doing Bio, chem and physics, maths 2u + ex1 and adv. english

and im just wondering if I should do Senior Science as well is it any good and what do they talk about in the subject? .. Im trying to get into medical science for uni after yr 12

rolror88

HSC
N/A
At my school.. the maximum units of science you can do are 6.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
ask you can accelerate senior science..
It's shit easy so it wouldn't get in the way of anything..

suzlee

HSC
Senior Science is basically like the science you've done throughout Y7-Y10... It's not specifically targeted for a branch of science, it is a combination of a few of them.
It's for people who want a bit of science in their lives, but have trouble grasping the concepts of science, according to my teacher.
If you are looking at getting into Medical Science, I don't think it would be any help; and you'd have a crazy 8 units of science in your bunch!

appletooth

HSC
You can't do senior science in year 11 if you're planning on doing any of the 3 sciences next year, however you're able to pick it up in year 12 if you drop any of your science subjects OR another non-science subject, for example, english extension 1. The maximum of 6 units of science in year 12 still applies though.

Senior science is easy, but enjoyable. The scaling isn't terribly great, so it depends on your priorities. If you're looking to maximise your UAI, don't do senior science. If you're genuinely interested in medical science, consider it in year 12, because there's an entire module dedicated to bionics which is pretty interesting, and there's the pharmaceuticals option which you might do too. :)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I thought you couldn't do senior science with any other science?
I think the subjects you do now sound good for your future career ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)