• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Seriously Frustrated Heartbreaking Droping Subject Issue (1 Viewer)

coeyz

HSC
Hi this is my first post here, and i really need some advice on dropping subjects.
Im currently doing 12units- which are 4umath, esl, economics, physics and chemistry.
My school ranking is within the range 50-70 in the state, I only aim UAI 92-93 and then to get 4marks bonus points to study commerce in UNSW.

The chemistry and economics were on the SAME day in my half-yearly exam,
at that time i didnt bother a lot about economics, i did study for it, but i didnt do as much as for chemistry. And i was thinking dropping economics.
However, i did shit in 3 of my subjects. economics.physics.chemistry.
Economics 46/70 rank10
Physics 56/98 i duno my rank, but most ppl in other class got 70+, and most ppl in my class got 20+:confused:
Chemistry 72.5/100 most ppl got 80+
Yeh i know its really shit. very shit. I depressed for quite a long time after I got back the results. I did study a lot. I did get very nervous before exam which turns out really bad effect.

Considered that the ranking of economics is relatively okay, compare to both physics and chemistry, i really have no clue which one should i drop.
In Physics I just screwed up this time, I was not that bad. I mixed up all the things and i did not sleep the night before. My brother personally persuades my to drop economcs. He said its lower-scalling compare to phy and chem. Its like if u get 85 in economics is basically = 80 in chemistry. He strongly disagree me to drop phy. and he believes that i can do well in phy next time.

To me, phy is the most difficult and time-consuming compare to the other subjects. If i drop economics, what if i do bad again in my trial exam for phy?! If i drop physics, what if i do bad again in economics?

And seriously I really have no ability to do 12units. I still got my 4umath to look after. PLEASE HELP. Thanks a lot. This issue frustrated my a lot.

coeyz

HSC
Sorry i accidentally used my friend's account, please delete this post and i will use my account to post it again. thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)