Sharpest/most witty person in Australian Politics. (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
She has a alluringly shapely bottom

I'm torn between contempt for labors politics and arousal. Despite my disdain for everything they've done and stand for, I can't bring myself to hate Rudd, too cute, I just want to give him a hug.

:santa:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Nah I rekon Rudd is the most insincere person I've ever seen. At least with Howard, you knew he was an elitist fuck and he didn't pretend otherwise.

Rudd pretends to be all kittens and love for the average Aussie, but you just know deep down he is rolling is eyes and stabbing those kittens in the heart.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think that most of what Howard did was pretend to not be elite :santa:
Rudd hides prime ministerial arrogance less well. But like, it's not like he was contrasting himself to Keating!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
both gillard and turnbull have had some pretty amazing moments.

(wilson tuckey is my personal favourite in parliament now, and in bathurst, former member gordon crisp brings an infinite amount of lulz.)

HSC
Yeah Gillard is certainly the best speaker in the house at the moment. Costello was better though - would like to see some Gillard vs. Cotello action.

I find Turnball overrated as a public speaker. He always seems less articulate than you'd expect, and I've never heard him verbally crack the whip like Gillard/Costello can.

Lentern

HSC
Yeah Gillard is certainly the best speaker in the house at the moment. Costello was better though - would like to see some Gillard vs. Cotello action.

I find Turnball overrated as a public speaker. He always seems less articulate than you'd expect, and I've never heard him verbally crack the whip like Gillard/Costello can.
Turnbull is less belligerent than Costello or Gillard. I suspect it's tactical in that he doesn't want to become a polarising figure. He certainly has verbal dexterity though but in more of the Tony Blair mould then the one Australians have come to champion: Keating. I think he's very effective but in the worst place at the worst time. It's fun to wonder whether Costello would be remembered as a formidable debater if he'd taken the leadership in 2007? Or If he'd gone to meet his maker coming across as a heavy handed elitist and a loud mouthed schnook.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Costello has by far the sharpest wit in politics. Hence why Labor always treated him warily. Gillard always looks like she overuses acerbic comments to compensate for a lack of charisma, or any other redeemable feature.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Costello has by far the sharpest wit in politics. Hence why Labor always treated him warily. Gillard always looks like she overuses acerbic comments to compensate for a lack of charisma, or any other redeemable feature.
Such as children.

The barren bitch.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Gillard is maybe uncharismatic to the retarded maybe? She has an iron level of control and the supreme mastery of detail that any successful female politician needs. But dont be fooled! There's a very dry and funny left-wing creature that dwells within!
She's our brightest star and I celebrate her comical hips and noodle neck

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
Gillard is maybe uncharismatic to the retarded maybe? She has an iron level of control and the supreme mastery of detail that any successful female politician needs. But dont be fooled! There's a very dry and funny left-wing creature that dwells within!
She's our brightest star and I celebrate her comical hips and noodle neck
lol
i agree. gillard is funny to listen to and to look at. win/win!

spiny norman

HSC
Nah I rekon Rudd is the most insincere person I've ever seen. At least with Howard, you knew he was an elitist fuck and he didn't pretend otherwise.
Wha? Howard's whole schtick was "I'm a true blue fair dinkum Aussie bloke", what with his tracksuits, his fondness for cricket (and any other sporting event of the moment) and whole war on the intellectualist elite. I'm more and more convinced you just analyse things as you wish they were rather than as they are.

Gillard is wittier than Costello. Costello was the highlight of the Howard years, no question, but Gillard's wit is greater and far more cutting.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Gillard is wittier than Costello. Costello was the highlight of the Howard years, no question, but Gillard's wit is greater and far more cutting.
It's just a shame her voice is horrendously painful. Thus, any wit she might have possessed is lost. I just can't bear listening to her.

Lentern

HSC
Wha? Howard's whole schtick was "I'm a true blue fair dinkum Aussie bloke", what with his tracksuits, his fondness for cricket (and any other sporting event of the moment) and whole war on the intellectualist elite. I'm more and more convinced you just analyse things as you wish they were rather than as they are.

Howard is very hard to describe; largely because he was such medicore politician who was so succssfull. He was unashamed of his social elitism and that middle Australia responded well to the openess and the candor. He was also down to earth, ordinary bloke and that allowed him to smash the ALP's working class axis. He was also clever and tricky. He had maturity and gravitas. He cut through red tape. He was measured and circumspect.

But let's absolutely be clear about one thing; he was not merely the beneficiary of circumstances. It took a real political dynamo to roll Keating, The tampa and 9/11 had very little influence on the 2001 election and Mark Latham was a deft politician very unlikely to come up against the most formidable prime minister since Menzies.

As for wit Costello takes the gong for me but I'll just say this: If Gillard was a man would her style be so well recieved or would she be viewed more like Latham?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

Nah, Amanda Vandstone and whats her face ... the other fat one ... shit, can't think of her name, also a Liberal..........eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh. Well anyway, my point is that they're both wittier and more charismatic than Gillard and they're both beached whales.

It suprises me how many people still claim this. Wearing a tracksuit and watching cricket (which is a gentlemans sport btw) doesn't mean he was trying to emulate the average Aussie. I don't get what you mean by 'I'm more and more convinced you just analyse things as you wish".

a. This is what most people do.
b. I just said Howard was an elitist fuck, what more do you want? Atleast with Howard, if as you claim he "pretended" to give a shit about the average Aussie, you could always see through it. Rudd has that charming boy next door fag look on his face, one that says 'oh hey, my mum was single and i know wot itz like to be poor lol', and it nearly has you convinced. But not me, I'm sure that fucker has a dungeon where he tortures kangaroos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)