SHIT! My heart hurts! I'm dead serious! any med students want to give me some advice? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
For the past few days I've been drinking a shit load of caffeine. My heart is seriously starting to hurt now, it's like a squeeze every once a while! it hurts! anybody know what my problem is? could the energy drinks have caaused my problem?

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
ChockoRepublic said:
For the past few days I've been drinking a shit load of caffeine. My heart is seriously starting to hurt now, it's like a squeeze every once a while! it hurts! anybody know what my problem is? could the energy drinks have caaused my problem?
Believe it or not, caffeine is bad for you. :)

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
Believe it or not, caffeine is bad for you. :)
yes, i noe, but ive had my trials and so ive been drinking lots of caffeine. im gonna lay off it for the next 2 months until my hsc.

HSC
Re: SHIT! My heart hurts! I'm dead serious! any med students want to give me some adv

theshortykatt said:
dude, use your brain.
stop drinking caffeine, stop posting about it and go see your doctor
my brains pretty closed now after finishing my last trial exam. i think ill just sleep it through tonight and see how i feel 2morrow.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Re: SHIT! My heart hurts! I'm dead serious! any med students want to give me some adv

theshortykatt said:
dude, use your brain.
stop drinking caffeine, stop posting about it and go see your doctor
That's what I was thinking, lol.
Also, lol, that he's only going to lay off the caffeine until his HSC- want to headaches back then, hey?

HSC

Exphate said:
If you've stopped drinking the caffiene, it's a regular "weening off" thing. Caffiene thins the blood. Once you stop consuming it, your body reacts to the "thicker" blood and it hurts like hell.

It'll stop. Pop some pills and see your doctor to make sure it isn't a tumour (hoping it is)
what sort of pills should i take? panadol?

HSC

Exphate said:
That, or cyanide.

Either one will suffice.
ok nice. i better not die from this shit. if i do, exphate, i will fuk u up. :)

Chosta

Sydney
HSC
Go see a doctor, get their advice!!!!

Then get a doctor's certificate and hand it in with your next assessment. BONUS MARKS!!!! lol...jks....no serious....

HSC
Chosta said:
Go see a doctor, get their advice!!!!

Then get a doctor's certificate and hand it in with your next assessment. BONUS MARKS!!!! lol...jks....no serious....
nah im gonna sleep it over tonight, and see how i feel tomrrow

HalcyonSky

HSC

uh can you be more specific about the pains?

if you're tall and thin, it could be a pneumothorax. I had to go to the ER at the start of this year because of one, a lung collapsing feels very much like the pain is coming from the heart.

But if its just angina, i wouldnt be too worried about it

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC

HalcyonSky said:
uh can you be more specific about the pains?

if you're tall and thin, it could be a pneumothorax. I had to go to the ER at the start of this year because of one, a lung collapsing feels very much like the pain is coming from the heart.

But if its just angina, i wouldnt be too worried about it
its not a pneumothorax. id bet my shoes on this one..

sounds like OP has an arrhythmia.. but hey... survivng a few weeks...

see a doctor.. get an ECG.. and blood pressure check.. and quit stimulants..

HSC

+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
its not a pneumothorax. id bet my shoes on this one..

sounds like OP has an arrhythmia.. but hey... survivng a few weeks...

see a doctor.. get an ECG.. and blood pressure check.. and quit stimulants..
im off the caffeine, and i feel better now, but there's still a slight strain on my heart. i don't know how to explain it, its like someone's got a hold of my heart (ahaha sounds like a love story) and is very gently squeezing it.

i think ill be alright. can't really be crapped going to the docotrs.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

ChockoRepublic said:
im off the caffeine, and i feel better now, but there's still a slight strain on my heart. i don't know how to explain it, its like someone's got a hold of my heart (ahaha sounds like a love story) and is very gently squeezing it.

i think ill be alright. can't really be crapped going to the docotrs.
It's your funeral~

melonkitten

HSC

shinji said:
It's your funeral~
(i sure hope so)

/lol

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC

theshortykatt said:
alvin to the rescue.
shortykatt to STATE THE obvious :D lol

ChockoRepublic:see a doctor.. noone cares that you have a suicide wish.. they can kill... and to top it off.. ur prolly unfit too... or u might have an underlying disease... so fix now.. before u lose ur health insurance

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

ChockoRepublic said:
what sort of pills should i take? panadol?
take an aspirin, it thins the blood slightly and isn't addictive so it will relieve any headaches until the caffeine withdrawl wears off. I'd still go to a doctor though, tbh. Plenty of people drink shitloads of coffee every day and don't get heart/chest pains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)