"Shoot all the bluejays you want but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird." (1 Viewer)

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Probably one of my favourite novels ever, just re-read it and it
gets better every time.

I love the innoncence of Scout - but im still trying to figure out why she narrates the story with this sense of maturity, like theres this hint of Atticus in her, who by the way, i could never hate even if i tried to.

I love the part when Scouts wearing a dress for those Maycomb church ladies and they ask her where her britches are and she replies that theyre under her dress :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
LOOOOOOOVE this book! scout sounds old and wise cos i think she's looking back in retrospect (just like in the movie - which i LOVE too! gregory peck is the best!)
i like the part when her aunt says she should be a ray a sunshine in her Atticus's life and she goes that she understand y she cant be a ray of sunshine wearing pants! :D
the fight with her cousin is good too. talking to him was like "sinking slowly to the bottom of the ocean" hehe i could go on with quotes forever... my favorite character has always been Atticus though, not Scout. i like Boo as well, it was sad when she let go of his hand and said she never saw him again....ok i have to stop now...

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
yeah scout is looking back hence the adults language but childs persepctive ( through her eyes)
great book, i read for english in year 10

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by *girl04*
Great book, i read for english in year 10
Ditto. Lee manages to skillfully evoke the South of the 1930's, and the bigotry within it...In some subtle ways. (Such as the criticism of Hitler juxtaposed against the lack of reaction from the majority over racism..)

Sugar

HSC
I like that book. I read it in Year 8 (I think?) for school and we have to watch the film. I can't say the same for the movie though!

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Wasnt it mentioned on the Simpsons yesterday.

Something about how it didnt teach him how to kill a mockingbird but it did teach him not to judge a man based on his colour.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I love both the book and the film (which I own on DVD). But I haven't read/watched either in a long time so my memory is lacking.

Gregory Peck as Atticus was great.

Ziusudra

Be My Only Angel
I read the book and found it quite boring, but this might have been because I didn't understand it... I watched a bit of the movie, and it seemed a little more entertaining but not really interesting for me.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the book is soo much better than the movie but the movie is actually great so what does that say about the book? :D

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sarah168
the book is soo much better than the movie but the movie is actually great so what does that say about the book? :D
lol what are you saying?

i think generally, adaptations of novels dont do any justice because it clashes with our imaginations and reflections... but all the same, i found the movie wonderful because of the girl who played scout -- it was just how i imagined her, hehe get my point? :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by veanz
lol what are you saying?

i think generally, adaptations of novels dont do any justice because it clashes with our imaginations and reflections... but all the same, i found the movie wonderful because of the girl who played scout -- it was just how i imagined her, hehe get my point? :p
im saying that if the movie is excellent and the book is better thaaaaan...the book is better than "excellent". geddit? :confused: it wasnt exactly rocket science...

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sarah168
im saying that if the movie is excellent and the book is better thaaaaan...the book is better than "excellent". geddit? :confused: it wasnt exactly rocket science...
nope, your grammar is atrocious ;)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by veanz
nope, your grammar is atrocious ;)

hmmm and i was doing 4u eng. who would have thought...whats wrong with that sentence though? i cant see the mistake. makes sense to me...

gerta

I absolutely adored to kill a mockingbird! i had to read it in class last year and i fell in love with it! my friends didnt like it that much (i was very devastated) i read it like three times by the time they had finished it the first time.... i just love it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)