Shooting Brazillian man was a "mistake" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
Last edited by a moderator:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
If what the police say is true, that he ran from the police while wearing a heavy coat, then due to the situation I think it is justified. I don't think British police are equipped with ways to subdue suspects non-leathally (at least not regular police) so I think this might have been viewed as the only option open to them.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
What I don't understand is why the guy was running if he had nothing to hide.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i feel for the officer who shot him, knowing for the rest of his life what he has done...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Dumsum said:
What I don't understand is why the guy was running if he had nothing to hide.
if you're a foreigner in britain at a time of crisis, and some "plainclothes officers [with guns] pursued [you] through Stockwell Underground station in south London on Friday morning before cornering [you] in a train carriage where they shot [you] five times in the head at point-blank range", i think you've got something to hide.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
its doesnt make it right.. but i think running when a guy pulls out a guy is pretty normal.. question is how the PLAINCLOTHES police identified themselves

also to having been coming out of a suspected house linked to london bombing and then running to a station... u as a policeofficer would need to be thinkin.. F*CK.. then to have the 4 other failed bombs.. i think u could justify it..

i think we should kno more.. before condemning either.. both seemed right and wrong

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
The officer had to make a call and he had to make it quickly. If you were in his place and saw a suspicios person running from you with a backpack a week after a terror attack...
ummm, i believe he was wearing a thick jacket, not holding a backpack.

let's put it this way argo: if you were the deceased, and you saw some plain-clothed men brandishing automatic pistols, you'd run, not knowing who they were, wouldn't you? you'd think they were robbers or terrorists, wouldn't you?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i beleive it is law that they have to shout out something like "police! stop!" in Britain. i am not sure about this one so if some1 who has legal experience in the UK could confirm or deny would be good.

anways i dont think its a matter of justification. I as a youth usually try and avoid police, not that i have anything to hide but more that everyone does something illegal and if they really wanted to ruin your day they would fine you for something, wether some imagned fault with your car or for offensive behaviour who knows.

These days i know this isnt true and i know that 99% of cops are really nice, genuine people. they dont break the law and they are there to protect you. i have to operate on the beleif that they would not take a life needlessly and the actions they took were to protect society. I can undrstand the police officers position and i think that he made the right choice, despite the fact that the man was innocent. if this same situation happened again exept the guy wasnt innocent everyone would be applauding the officer. He made the right choice based on the information he had

i feel for the offcer responsible and i hope he doesnt beat himself up over it, he made the only real choice he could have made given the circumstances.

i also feel for the family of the victim and i hope they udnerstand that the officer had no choice and that it is a loss for everyone

nobody won in this situation so i guess it really is a tragedy

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ok.. if the guy has drugs on him.. cos drug dens and other illicit places look alot like terrorist places...
i wouldnt stop... i mean... sif they would shoot u for pot or E?...

and gettin away is the best way..
then u find out... these police had more than normal backup.. and machine guns.. well .. id be lik ...pwned

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Serius said:
nobody won in this situation so i guess it really is a tragedy
or, to put it bleakly, terrorists win. :rolleyes:

tempco

HSC
no one can really say what we would've/could/ve/should've done in a situation like this.

personally, i don't blame the guy for running. i probably would have done the same. imo, the policeman was in more "wrong" than the deceased. as a policeman, you are given the responsibilities of having a firearm, that is to be used to your discretion. there are consequences that accompany shooting a person, whether it be a terrorist, or not. if you fire at a person, you have to be ready to accept these responsibilities and consequences.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Serius said:
i know that 99% of cops are really nice, genuine people
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mahuligan

HSC
i really dont know who to side for.

if i was that man i would have definately run or done something stupid - as if u wouldnt be scared shitless when a bunch of plainclothes men start yelling at u and brandishing weapons. especially after the bombings you wouldnt know what to expect. i guess running is the guilty thing to do but im pretty sure id want to get away from anyone holding a gun no matter what they say

however...... i completely understand the position that the policemen would have been in. how would you know that the suspect isnt a bomber? what if you let him run away and he goes blows up a giant group of people... if you're in a situation where anyone can be the enemy your nerves are going to be highly strung and every little thing will seem suspicious, especially puffy jackets :p. the policemen wouldnt even be able to just shoot the suspects leg or something because theyll still be able to detonate the explosives... its such a gamble. i guess the final question is whether the life of one man is more important than the possible death of a large group of ppl

what a puzzle.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
They shot the man in the head because in a terroist situation, obviously shooting him in the chest is a highly dangerous thing to do.

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
This thread revitalises the integrity of BoS, and proves it is not a moral quagmire of good vs evil.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Frigid said:
ummm, i believe he was wearing a thick jacket, not holding a backpack.

let's put it this way argo: if you were the deceased, and you saw some plain-clothed men brandishing automatic pistols, you'd run, not knowing who they were, wouldn't you? you'd think they were robbers or terrorists, wouldn't you?
Oh yes i'm sure they never said "we're cops". lol

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Oh yes i'm sure they never said "we're cops". lol
point taken, but what if the man didn't understand english? tis not a crime to be a foreigner running away from armed plain-clothed men.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Hmmm I just imagine it hard to believe that the cops wouldn't have flashed their badges or something along those lines. Tho for all we know he could be mental and have no idea what's going on anyway...

I guess they could have just shot him in the leg or something, but they obviously had whatever reason to believe we was a suicide bomber... which makes it hard because even if you stop him he could still blow himself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)