Should I appeal for unfair test or whatever? (1 Viewer)

rajeev

HSC
Im thinking of applying.. along with some others in my class for an unfair assesment or whatever its called. Main reasons:
I have this techer for two freakin subjects.. legal and society..
Shes really old and retired last year and for some freaking reason decided to just keep those two classes (how the frig can you half retire!) But yeah all year she has missed soooo many lessons for personal stuff... then she took on tennis coaching and is missing even more.. we got an assesment in society n culture pushed back because we didnt know what to do and she hadnt come to school for like a week before it!

NOW!!! Shes leaving for a month!!! you cant god damn do that before trials! its one of the most stressful parts of the year.. and from what people say its sometimes even more stressful than the actual hsc.. how can you not come! she comes back like a day after my trails are over which i thing is complete BS...

Do you guys think I should do it? she hasnt left yet but she is next week..

I also keep a record of every lesson she misses... lol i know do i have a life or what!

A l

HSC
N/A
Maybe you should consult and discuss with other teachers of those courses (if there are any) and/or the head teacher before lauching an appeal.
Didn't your substitute teachers, (if you had any) at least give you some work and notes to look at?

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
People have complained on stupider grounds. I think everyone has a tale or two about their hsc. You could rise above everyone else and actually do the work yourself. Assessment component is all relative anyway. Have you tried approaching any other teachers about it ... you'd be suprised how helpful they can be.

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
i know exactly how you feel, my ancient history teacher is an absolute douchebag. he is infallibly late every lesson which leaves us only about 30-35 min of actual class and yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. we were meant to have an in-class assesment during last period and he turned up 20 minutes late and still expected us to do the assesment, just go past 3, except nearly everyone had a bus to catch, so they postponed the assesment for today. but this meant that we got an unfair advantage, and now theres this big drama because the other class is appealing for their marks (because we got an extra night of study).

now, the point and moral of my story is that we went to the director of studies and she sees our point about his constant negligence and incompetence, and she agreed with us that that sort of thing shouldnt happen at school, particularly to a year 12 class. she is now following it up, and he will be appropriately dealt with and we might get a new teacher especially in this very important time before the big exams. the school has a responsibility to provide teachers that do their job properly. if you really feel that you are being put under undue stress because of the incompetence of a teacher, then i urge you to do something about it. the worst that can happen is nothing, or the opposite, which is that you will have a proper teacher/

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
You should try and talk to ur principal but it didnt do much for me I have
Beginners and Continuers French merged into one class
French & Italian classes miss 1 (80 min) period a fortnight
IPT misses 2 (80 min) periods a fortnight
A teacher on leave
and my skool says there is nothing they can do

jessied

HSC
haha stuff like that really does happen in most schools then!! i've had 5 different maths teachers for year 11 and 12 maths and ext maths... apparently we dont have grounds for an appeal cos last year's year 12 didnt.. ext is all over the place and we dont have enough time to go back and revise the prelim stuff... i feel for everyone whos been screwed up cos of teachers or lack of teachers!

tennille

HSC
You can talk to your principal, but I can't imagine anything happening. Like someone else mentioned, grab the syllabus and the right textbook and try and teach yourself.

tomcats 72

HSC
thats unfair, they shouldn't be aloud to stuff ppl around like that in their hsc year.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
yep complain. Make all the trouble and havoc you can for the buraucratic fuckers who run the system... Remember this is your last year and last chance to take a stand... ;) Same thing happened at my school btw.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
before launching an appeal, try and talk to your your teacher, head teacher, student advisor, deputy and principal. Appeal forms ( official) to do it you have to have consulted people and tryed to reach a solution. We had a similiar case with a maths teacher always being late, informed the deputy and they were never late again. ( our dep. is scary! )

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
there is one thing you could do and succeed in, and this actually worked for a class oin my year. take a petition, and get your class to sign it, be stern and talk to your year advisor and head teacher of the two subjects and make them arrange for a proper teacher to teach you. don't let em get away because its what students in my year did in a class and they GOT a proper teacher. good luck with that anyway
if you need any help in legal, i'd be glad to help in anyway possible, my msn's rnitya_25@hotmail.com.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
haha, with the petition thing, make sure you inform your teacher 1st about your intentions ( if you plan to use this avenue to express your views) I just rememeber this one time we did a whole class petition and took it to princiapl, and our teacher said she would just fix the problem if we had of told her we where that upset ... communication is da key

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
simple solution
start an online study group, so people can help you with your chosen subjects. i do society and culture and im willing to help you with that. do you actually get work to do??? let me know my msn, is mm_cookies@hotmail.com.
go to the s+c forum and start a study group. people will be happy to give you a helping hand.

is there another teacher at your school that taught these subjects in the past? go to them for help./

nerd_it_up

HSC
Unfair Tests

In my Geography half yearly, our class was disadvantaged in that the mulitple choice questions were scattered throughout the entire paper (i know!!) and half the short answer questions we had to answer were of topics we hadnt even studied in class....i desperately wanted to appeal...but in the end it would have taken too much time and effort...n it was only worth 15%...knowing my luck...this will probably drastically affect my hsc and uai lol......bugger......

rajeev

HSC
thank you!

hey! Ok i spoke to principal.. hes an ok guy he was like yeah i heard about her going im kinda outraged myself..

I basically told him that look i dont know what you can do but you should know that the whole class is really not happy about her not being there, and I have her for two subjects and i really feel its going to disadvantage me along with the rest of the class... i dont expect you to tell me not to worry about doing the trials or something but i want to know you are aware of whats going on and will do anything you can to help us.

Whilst talking to him another one of my friends from the class came in and basically re-inforced what i said and he called over the head teacher of social sciences to see what they could do, he said he knows legal and society and will take us once a week...

so i guess i got a bit out of it.. but he also said that he cant gaurantee that cause his year 12 classes may need him in his free's so he wont come everytime in the period..

but how gay is this all! i keep forgetting how bad it is and everytime i read your guys responses i remember that it really isnt acceptable, all through high school i never had a teacher that just decided to leave for a month to have a holiday, and now at the most critical time of my 12 years of schooling my teacher decided she cant be stuffed..

thanks to everyone who said they can help.. i may take you up on that.. im just happy that i have text books, and notes on this site..

Im not one of those people that just shuts down and goes i cant be stuffed now that this is happening.. especially not now.. so im still going to work alot, and alot more..

and who ever was like yeah you have a chance to get ahead of the rest of the class.. i think thats a really great was to look at it.. although i may get scaled badly if everyone goes crap it also means that i could try to come 1st or close to it..

I go to a public school and my parents are forever holding it against me that i go to a public school because all my friends went there.. they really wanted me to go 2 a private, but i really didnt wanna, even in year 10 they sat my down for the you need to change schools for 11 and 12 talk.. so when i told them about this they were like argh this is why you should have gone to a private school! this wouldnt happen there.. and yeah its just what the arguments ended up at.. its my fault lol

but they are going to call the school and bitch a bit more to see whats going on ... cant believe the school just went meh its cool for her to leave still...

but yeah thats where im at... at the moment.. ill keep you all posted :D ... thanks for telling me about your experiences!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)