Should I do umat this year? (1 Viewer)

thedemonpk3r

HSC
Hi guys, so I'm doing B of Sci at usyd, and I'm holding on to my dream to still do med in the future. Should I be doing umat in my undergraduate years to help progress and hopefully one day get an offer into undergrad Newcastle or UWS, or should I just go on and do GAMSAT postgraduate after my three year course? I know gamsat is way harder that's why I'm considering on doing the umat, but at the same time, I only have six or so months to prepare, with barely no material (can't afford any online courses atm lol) and don't wanna stuff up on first year of uni with managing workload... What do you guys reckon? Any advice would be much appreciated...

studynerd

HSC
Umat! Most people that do well in the umat only study 2-4hours in weekends anyway... Just do practice papers!!! :D

Remember that most of the people you are up against will also have a hard time fitting umat study into their hsc life (me! :'D )

iStudent

HSC
Can't you do both? I remember meeting someone who was in his final uni year and had taken the UMAT 4 times and GAMSAT 3 times, lol. Also, don't limit yourself to just those 2 unis. Apply interstate and basically, everywhere you can since medicine is very competitive

Futureunswmedstudent

HSC
Umat! Most people that do well in the umat only study 2-4hours in weekends anyway... Just do practice papers!!! :D

Remember that most of the people you are up against will also have a hard time fitting umat study into their hsc life (me! :'D )
I like your username (y)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Umat doesn't require much commitment at all whereas GAMSAT actually requires you to study and know the content. It isnt impossibly hard though because by the time you hit post grad, a good proportion of people who wanted to get into med would have already made it.

I think you should do umat every single year until you make it in And then do gamsat on your 2nd last and last year. One of my mates who is a 2nd year comm student did it with independent study for 2 months and got 67 (cut off for usyd being 69). He's doing it again this year as it's his final year of his degree.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Can't you do both? I remember meeting someone who was in his final uni year and had taken the UMAT 4 times and GAMSAT 3 times, lol. Also, don't limit yourself to just those 2 unis. Apply interstate and basically, everywhere you can since medicine is very competitive
Oh dear that's going to be me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)