Should i drop Chem? (1 Viewer)

maths94

HSC
I'm 60% sure I want to do Medicine when i finish school, and so the only reason I took Chem was that I heard from everywhere that it is a prerequisite to study Med.

But i hate it, it's the worst subject i picked, and i want to drop it.

Is it really necessary for med?
or am i safe to drop it?
Yes. Drop it asap.
Even now if you can.
Like, ring up the school reception and drop it or something this moment.

Chem is the worst. I dropped it at the end of prelims...I endured hell, thanks to my teacher. Turned off the sciences forever.
she asked a question she didnt ask wether you liked chemistry or not

awaitingtrain

HSC
......People can be so angry :). This post is getting catty. OK I WAS WRONG. Med school has prerequisites, I didn't know that.
Point is, you have to decide whether or not you really want to put the extra effort in and do chemistry so that you can study medicine. If you think there are other career paths you'd like to do then maybe you should consider dropping chemistry because if you don't like the subject, it will just drag you down.
It all comes down to whether or not you want to study medicine. Is 60% positive a large enough percentage?? Remember that your career path may change over the next couple of years. Sorry if I was absolutely no help at all, but I tried :)

super.muppy

HSC
ahhas you sound like you have asian parents :L im speaking from my parents expectations too :L i like chem at school but to study med at uni sounds like a brain attack.

maths94

HSC
ahhas you sound like you have asian parents :L im speaking from my parents expectations too :L i like chem at school but to study med at uni sounds like a brain attack.
lol this has got nothing to do with the quote but we do the same subjects and have the same ATAR aim! hahah

dan2452

HSC
annoying year 12 person
+1

If you dont understand chem, or dont enjoy the concept of chemistry, most likely you shouldnt do it.

It is only necessary for engineers, science and medicine.

But, if you DO want to do any of the above careers, it would be beneficial to do chem. It doesn't really matter if you dont understand it now because you've got another two years of lessons to understand the concept.

Listen and you'll be fine.

Villa94

HSC
I'm 60% sure I want to do Medicine when i finish school, and so the only reason I took Chem was that I heard from everywhere that it is a prerequisite to study Med.

or am i safe to drop it?
60% isnt tht much. Therefore you shouldnt be doing a subject you hate for a career you might not do.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
I'd say keep it. I didnt think i liked chem, But now its my favourite

liaden

HSC
"I'm 60% sure I want to do Medicine when i finish school, and so the only reason I took Chem was that I heard from everywhere that it is a prerequisite to study Med.

or am i safe to drop it?"

i'm in the same boat here, but i'm 95% sure i want med.
:fish:
Don't really like chemistry much but i'm putting myself through.....its even harder for coz i do it through distance ed...i now have a tutor to help me.

Clank_

HSC
If you really don't like it then drop it.

It's only recommended knowledge at UNSW and UWS, so you can get into med there without chem.

s0phhhhx

HSC
I Love Chem. Its my favourite subject.
I just hate english :L
and I'm starting to put up with bio. :)

HSC
Who said chem is a prerequisite for Med? Only English Advanced is a strict prereq for med (at UNSW at least)

They dont need you to have done Chem in high school for med. In fact, when you get into med, the uni-level chem you'll be doing will be 10x harder than the Chem at high school (except there will be no 'impact on society' bullshit) so yeah... you'll enjoy that when you get to it ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)