Should I drop english extension 2? I will only have 10 units.... (1 Viewer)

hayhay2012

HSC
I made a major mess of my subjects, I should have done business studies in year 11 for starters but I stupidly chose chemistry because of the scaling, and had to drop that for year 12 along with Extension 1 maths, so currently I have only 11 units:
English extension 2
Maths
Economics
Legal Studies
Studies of Religion 1 unit
Nobody at my school got a band E4 this year for it and I am really behind + lack motivation. Should I drop it and have 10 units? The school has already given me permission, but I'm not sure if its a good idea to have 10 units as most people have 12 or at least 11....some people I know even have 13. And the thought of a 15 minute viva voce which I haven't started also scares me. Also my aim is to get 99.65 atar to study B Comm/Law at UNSW Is that possible?
Thanks everyone for your help in advance :)

findx

HSC
theres nothing wrong with 10units provided you are confident in all the subjects. if its likely you will do "bad" in ext2 english, you should consider dropping it, as you may feel later the subject is a burden

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
If your other subjects are solid and your EX2 is not then it's probably worth dropping.

Take my example:
I was doing well in all my subjects - around high Band 5 to Band 6 level. The only subject was a doing badly in was Modern History which I was near the bottom and my other subjects were near the top and so keeping Modern History would have been a waste since it scales less and will probably even give me a lower mark.
I have since dropped Modern History and have no regrets.

crimson_delight

HSC
Honey, you're better off doing 10 units you can do well, and manage well, than doing 11 units and stressing out and just fucking things up completely. It's up to you, depends on how much you can handle but you seem pretty stressed about Ex2, although, you don't need an E4 to do well ... E3 will be enough, and that's pretty achievable, and will scale you up anyway. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)