Should I even make notes for Bio... (1 Viewer)

hafsah_

HSC
Should I even make Biology notes because my teacher speeds through content and the majority of my class ends up spending more time writing notes than doing practice questions and is the reason I lose my marks. When we tell the teacher to slow down, we get told that we're behind the other Bio class and are behind overall, so that's not a resolution tbh.

I was thinking of using already pre-made notes from someone and memorising those as they are in-depth and easy to understand. I'll annotate them and fill in anything that may be missing. To memorise I could actively recall or use 'spaced repetition' to consolidate the information and then do questions on the topics.

I'm not sure if this is a good choice or not because if I'm being honest, we are on the 2nd Chapter of Mod 6 as a class and for my notes, I haven't even started Mod 6 so I am extremely behind and it'll take a while to catch up. Without doing practice questions, I usually score in my 70s which isn't terrible but I'm not happy about it. Ofc, at the end of the day, the majority, if not all of the students sitting the HSC, would love to come out with Band 6s.

Thank youu.

Last edited:

hafsah_

HSC
doing practice questions is more important than writing notes
Did you do Bio in your HSC too? Overall, I find it hard to find specific questions from Biology exams and for some papers, I'll find that the different types of data (eg. tables, graphs, etc.) aren't provided due to copyright reasons.

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Should I even make Biology notes because my teacher speeds through content and the majority of my class ends up spending more time writing notes than doing practice questions and is the reason I lose my marks. When we tell the teacher to slow down, we get told that we're behind the other Bio class and are behind overall, so that's not a resolution tbh.

I was thinking of using already pre-made notes from someone and memorising those as they are in-depth and easy to understand. I'll annotate them and fill in anything that may be missing. To memorise I could actively recall or use 'spaced repetition' to consolidate the information and then do questions on the topics.

I'm not sure if this is a good choice or not because if I'm being honest, we are on the 2nd Chapter of Mod 6 as a class and for my notes, I haven't even started Mod 6 so I am extremely behind and it'll take a while to catch up. Without doing practice questions, I usually score in my 70s which isn't terrible but I'm not happy about it. Ofc, at the end of the day, the majority, if not all of the students sitting the HSC, would love to come out with Band 6s.

Thank youu.

All the best!!
For some reason I feel like you're in my class...

johnnnCENAAAA

HSC

Thank youu.

All the best!!
keep movin like whats next

hafsah_

HSC
Yes, I do 👀 I don't actually think that you go to my school, but also wouldn't be surprised if you did. The way you talk about your subjects reminds me about how things work at my school lol
HAHAHAHAHA There were only two other people I shared my Year 11 subjects with before I moved to Standard Maths and now only share it with one person.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Did you do Bio in your HSC too? Overall, I find it hard to find specific questions from Biology exams and for some papers, I'll find that the different types of data (eg. tables, graphs, etc.) aren't provided due to copyright reasons.
My teacher composed booklets of specific questions for each module /inquiry question but idk if ir teacher would be bothered

hafsah_

HSC
My teacher composed booklets of specific questions for each module /inquiry question but idk if ir teacher would be bothered
I don't think so tbh. If you still have them, could you please email it to me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)