Should I go to the enrolment advising session? (1 Viewer)

babylonne

HSC
Mine runs from 10 - 2, does that mean I need to be there for the full four hours? I have already picked my courses but is there any important information given out then?

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Hang on, I may be wrong but when I went to an advising session for science, it involved a set up of stalls of all the different sciences, as well as student ambassadors to help you with enrolling at the computers there.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Is this useful? I might as well go since I have nothing to do in the next couple of days.

Can we also get our IDs with concessions along ?

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I remember I dropped in last year because I had some trouble enrolling into a certain lab and I got it figured out with some help there. I think you have to wait at least a week after enrolling to get your ID. Does that sound familiar? I read it somewhere but I don't think I'd be able to recover the source.... For first years, you can go to FM Assist in the Mathews Building to get both your ID card and concession sticker.

wkh

HSC
I remember I dropped in last year because I had some trouble enrolling into a certain lab and I got it figured out with some help there. I think you have to wait at least a week after enrolling to get your ID. Does that sound familiar? I read it somewhere but I don't think I'd be able to recover the source.... For first years, you can go to FM Assist in the Mathews Building to get both your ID card and concession sticker.
I remember reading a few days ago that you can get your student ID 24 hours after enrolling. I'll edit this if I find the source.

EDIT: From http://www.gettingstarted.unsw.edu.au/enrolment-id-cards-it-support:

"You will need to wait 24 hours after you have completed your enrolment before you can obtain a student card. Please note Student Id cards for student commencing in Semester 1, 2013 will be available from 14th January 2013 and students are encouraged to pick up their cards prior to Orientation once enrolment is complete."

Is this useful? I might as well go since I have nothing to do in the next couple of days.

Can we also get our IDs with concessions along ?
To get a concession take a completed travel concession with you when you collect your card (http://www.facilities.unsw.edu.au/s...ent/tertiary-student-concession-card-form.pdf)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)