Should i report McDonalds? (1 Viewer)

thefeeling

HSC
i got called up for an interview with Maccas a couple of months ago (Feb- March)
i was told i got the job, and i had to prepare everything for the orientation
i prepared all my stuff and went for the orientation
i was given my uniforms and everything but then i was never called for my first shift, i called them after about 3 weeks and they told me i didn't exist in their records. They called me up and i went to check what was wrong. The manager told me to re-apply and everything would be fixed in less than 24hrs
2 weeks later nothing had happened, so i withdrew my application coz i was pissed.
I was never paid for the module reading or the orientation. I never returned their uniforms. Should i report them? is it classified as unfair dismissal or sumfin?

PS: i don't want the job anymore, i was put off by their incompetence.
I also signed the forms after the orientation and they told me to bring in my Tax file number first day of shift (obviously never got to that)

Last edited:

chistar

HSC
N/A
i used to work at mcdonald's so i know that managers can be very incompetent... partially because they don't care and partially because there are so many managers that responsibility is dispersed. if you still want the job i would recommend that you keep nagging them either by calling up or seeing them in person. otherwise, i would just complain to the store manager so that they get in trouble =)

DM Mike

HSC
at your induction did you sign something saying you wanted to join the union? If so worth going to them if you want the job...

bdude

HSC
The best people to ask are the Fair Work Ombudsman: Fair Work Ombudsman - think about it, what have you got to lose? You should have been paid for your induction/orientations

Voldemort

HSC
I think you should definately complain because what they did was very unprofesional. You could also report them but there's not much point as you wont get compensaion unless you signed a contract as a full-timer or part timer. If you're a casual then you can be fired at ay notice and they don't even have to put you on any shifts. I know you weren't fired but same dif.

Personally I suggest burning the uniforms....it'll make you feel better :)

chuboy

HSC
Didn't you have to pay a deposit on the uniforms? Best not to lose any more money. Just keep calling them up or better, see them in person where they can sort it for you straight away (just dont turn up in the middle of lunch or dinner rush.

I work at Maccas too and it's unlikely to be anything malicious, as has been said often things get mixed up out the back as, believe it or not, the managers are just like you and me too, it's just a job for them as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)