Should i stop working in year 11 and 12? (1 Viewer)

wgy182

HSC
hey guys,
i was wondering if i should stop working in year 11 and 12?
Will it distract my studies? or should i continue to work even to hsc?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
depends on how good your time management is?

Year 11, defs continue working if you want. In fact, Year 11 should be your test year for WORKING + STUDYING at the same time.

If its all good, do it for Year 12 as well if you want, why not?

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
It is all up to you and how you manage your time. Take time in year 11 to examine whether working is distracting you from your studies. Saying this it is important to maintain a balanced social/work. As for me, my position is only casual so I only work one day a week, two if I'm lucky. I'd recommend not working more than 2 shifts per week.
Where do you work anyway???

wgy182

HSC
ok, thanks for the advice
yea i am gonna work in year 11 to see how i go.
i work at kfc :) hbu?

jnney

lemon
HSC
Working can definitely be a great way to relieve stress! Unless work stresses you out too :p

Kingportable

HSC
There is a correlation with Academic Success in the HSC with working students and sports achievers. Working apparently teaches time management, discipline and concepts of attaining expectations. School is much like a full time work status really and it is good to view it that way, working students probably find it easier to work that out and/or apply it.

Last edited:

wgy182

HSC
Thanks Kingportable, did u work in year 11 and 12?

aceer

HSC
I work all day each Sunday and it hasn't affected my studies :) I say go for it and see how it goes.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
There is a correlation with Academic Success in the HSC with working students and sports achievers. Working apparently teaches time management, discipline and concepts of attaining expectations. School is much like a full time work status really and it is good to view it that way, working students probably find it easier to work that out and/or apply it.
Balancing work/studies will put you in good stead if you plan on applying for scholarships/cadetships/coops/etc.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
It is all up to you and how you manage your time. Take time in year 11 to examine whether working is distracting you from your studies. Saying this it is important to maintain a balanced social/work. As for me, my position is only casual so I only work one day a week, two if I'm lucky. I'd recommend not working more than 2 shifts per week.
Where do you work anyway???
im going to assume ur not in yr 11 but im also in the same situation and OP (i also work at kfc). my manager said that u have to work at least 2 shifts a week or u wud forget what u know in ur orders etc.

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
im going to assume ur not in yr 11 but im also in the same situation and OP (i also work at kfc). my manager said that u have to work at least 2 shifts a week or u wud forget what u know in ur orders etc.
I seem to remember them just fine :) I've worked there for over a year

enoilgam

HSC
I dont think you should automatically stop working in year 11 and 12. Try it for a while and if you feel that it is taking up too much of your time, or too consuming then cut back on your hours. Maintaining a balance during the HSC is very important - you need to have things to do other than study. Besides, learning to maintain a work-life balance is an important skill for uni and life in general.

Abbyskies

HSC
N/A
Oh I work at KFC too, I think I might quit. I can use that 8 hours or so a week to study, I mean I probably won't be, but that's beside the point.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
I used to work at KFC last year before i quit, I was working at Hungry Jacks at the same time (Y). As for now I'd say continue working so you can build some time management skills which will help alot during yr 12 in my opinion ,but I would say quit in year 12 but after the summer holidays so you can maximize your bank account!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)