should i stuff maths now?? (1 Viewer)

dotdot*love

HSC
Hi! I jsut got my trial maths exam back n it was bad!! I do 2 unit n i only got 61% and it was worth 40%

this is my pass assessment mark

75% - 10% worth
85% - 20%
62% - 30%
61% -40%

I was wondering if i should sstuff maths now?? Or should i at least try and aim for a low band 5... but is it possible?

HSC
nahhh dont stuff it now.
dw im thinking im going to get lower than 61% for our trials :(

MrDimple

HSC
another one of these threads.
NO simply NO work on it jeez

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
How did the rest of your grade go?

dotdot*love

HSC
my rank b4 the trial exam was 34/82

but i havent got my ranks back yet for this exam.... but i heard not alot of pplz did well...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
What school are we talking about? Your school might have really smart Maths kids.

dotdot*love

HSC
beverly hills girls... the internationals are good... and some locals as well

maths94

HSC
you spent 2 years on the subject its rather stupid dropping it, just go for it ...if your doing 12 units then your maths mark wont matter.

dotdot*love

HSC
however i jsut drop french so i really need my maths mark to be good

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
That's a decent school. I wouldn't drop it. You still have an opportunity to get a 85~.

Just so you know, my first 4U Maths assessment, I got like 65%, but I ended up coming 6th (out of 150, and my school is 2nd in the state in Maths). The exam was just so hard.
that exam was crazy hard though :\

q3thefish

HSC
That's a decent school. I wouldn't drop it. You still have an opportunity to get a 85~.

Just so you know, my first 4U Maths assessment, I got like 65%, but I ended up coming 6th (out of 150, and my school is 2nd in the state in Maths). The exam was just so hard.
Psh sydney boys :]

we get farm animals and bogans ahah.

4U trials was gross over here.

anywhos.. OP, don't give up yet - soldier on till HSC and own it :haha:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
As everyone has said, there's still the HSC left which is worth 50% of your mark :)

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
No you shouldn't since this is the progression of the HSC:

So you sit your HSC exams and then come sometime December the HSC results will be announced via BoS (the other one), usually they will come in the form of two categories of equal weighting:

50% of your mark will be internally based. Thus this will be the accumulation of all those assignments, essays, tests and whatnot you did in year 12. Trials play a large component since they are usually worth something like 40% but then again remember that you have the other 60% of internal marks to go - trials are not the end of the world. I've found that the mark on the HSC results is the same as the one the school gives you - there is no scaling*

The other 50% of your mark will be the HSC exam result. With this you only ever get to see your scaled mark, not your raw mark. Usually most HSC subjects scale up so this shouldn't be a matter. In real life most of the class of 08 who did 4-unit math at Sydney Girls thought that they had failed the exam - it was that hard. But upon receiving their HSC exam mark found that they still achieved a decent result.

And that is how they calculate your overall HSC mark, its just 50+50 = 100

As long as you do well in externals, you'll be fine.

Hope this helps =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)