Should Muslim Holidays be recognised in Australia? (1 Viewer)

miaowsha

HSC
No Australia is Australia
we arent a muslim nation therefore we shouldnt celebreate muslim holidays. If the muslim population wants to then thats fine but the rest of australia shouldnt have to.
Australia should celebrate Australian holidays.
Haha, then explain christmas. Seriously.

My family is very atheist and we don't celebrate it because of that.

If we're going to have christmas being celebrated we may as well have others.

molly45

HSC
we arent a muslim nation therefore we shouldnt celebreate muslim holidays. If the muslim population wants to then thats fine but the rest of australia shouldnt have to.

no. no. no.
i agree with britannica.
australia is australia.
y should we celebrate thier holidays when they critisize the way we dress...
Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali...
seriously...

Jeee

Banned
HSC
no. no. no.
i agree with britannica.
australia is australia.
seriously...
Oh, so ONE person holds the opinion of the ENTIRE Australian Muslim population now? Stop making sweeping generalisations.

Sprangler

HSC
no. no. no.
i agree with britannica.
australia is australia.
seriously...
Yooo d000d there is nothing "Australian" about Christmas, Easter, Saturday (the Sabbath), Sunday (Lord's Day) or any other christian holiday. They are Christian not Australian we are not a Christian nation.

I propose we replace every public holiday with a celebration of Festivus.

ay0_x

HSC
Bleh I like how the holidays are whether they're "christian" or "secular" or "Muslim".

Muslim holidays can't be made public holidays because the Muslim calendar doesn't go from January-December. It's erratic and follows the moon and it doesn't work.

Aussies get too much holidays as it is. not that i'm complaining.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Yooo d000d there is nothing "Australian" about Christmas, Easter, Saturday (the Sabbath), Sunday (Lord's Day) or any other christian holiday. They are Christian not Australian we are not a Christian nation.

I propose we replace every public holiday with a celebration of Festivus.
True, they are Christian and not Australian, but to reiterate my old argument again, the Australian demographics say we are a Christian nation. It's not just that 'majority rules,' which does apply here, but it's also the fact that these holidays have been in place, I believe, since our conception as a nation. And what is Australian, is the old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Also, this thread is a good opportunity to put down another vocal minority. No-one likes vocal minorities; especially a vocal minority that consist of just under 2% of the population and is already treading on thin ice as it is.

Last edited:

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
+1

Christian holidays were established when the colonies were established. The majority of the population are used to having Christian holidays celebrated. And, as we all should know, human nature is difficult to change. If you got rid of Christmas and Easter, you'd have thousands of children waking up in the morning to no chocolate and no presents. Life would be over (I <3 chocolate).

You can't get rid of easter and christmas, cos big businesses would lose dollars. Lets face it, big businesses own the world. Sad truth, it is.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
everyone, the thread is over, if everybody bothered to actually read the thread you would find that your point, however stupid, racist or relevant has probably been made.

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
No, it's not our country. We muslims can't just force a country that isn't an Islamic state to change their laws. Just like a muslim state wouldn't want christians calling for change. If you want Eid to be a public holiday then piss of to another country. These type of people make it hard for muslims to live in peace in Australia.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
This thing keeps going and going.

I do not see any reason why the majority should not decide this in their interests. If the christian majority does not like this proposal - so be it. It goes against their principles.

Furthermore, I do not see any muslim nation being too tolerant if I were to come there and start a campaign for a new "atheist" holiday which I think I deserve. I don't think such matter would be even open for discussion.

I'd like some of you hippies go to Saudi Arabia and go dance around a Christmas tree there.

Now watch someone call me uneducated, idiot or tell me to go to stormfront or something.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Yeah. Boring thread now.

OK. Islam has had its turn.

Now I believe it's the Jews turn for a sledging, and then when that's done, people can go bag Iron and his Catholicism xD

FFS, stop hogging the limelight.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Mate it's ridiculous this is them forcing their culture on us so we should get one back on them by invading their countries, killing their leaders and converting them to christianity

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Mate it's ridiculous this is them forcing their culture on us so we should get one back on them by invading their countries, killing their leaders and converting them to christianity

Tsk, come now Miss Coulter.

brittanica-

HSC
Haha, then explain christmas. Seriously.

My family is very atheist and we don't celebrate it because of that.

If we're going to have christmas being celebrated we may as well have others.
well then december 25th is a very sad and un eventful day for you!
why not as others have stated Australia is considered to be a christian nation
therefore CHRISTmas

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
well then december 25th is a very sad and un eventful day for you!
why not as others have stated Australia is considered to be a christian nation
therefore CHRISTmas
im sure there's at least 1 post in this 440> post thread that says that this country is NOT a christian nation (im sure there are plenty more tho).

next time read the thread before saying something that's already been said (400 times)

brittanica-

HSC
im sure there's at least 1 post in this 440> post thread that says that this country is NOT a christian nation (im sure there are plenty more tho).

next time read the thread before saying something that's already been said (400 times)

did others not also establish that due to colonisation and yes the majority of the country being christian and basically, BASICALLY a chirstian nation

look if we want to play the multicultural game then lets add the
chinese holidays in
the american
the indian and the isralei ones too?

and if the country is so split into religions lets chuck all their holidays in their too too
the christian, the muslim, the kabbalah's, the satanic and the johavah's witness and even the mormans ect.
then will everyone be satisfied?

Last edited:

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Australia is not a Christian nation. You're a fool.

EDIT: Let everyone celebrate their own holidays as they please and get rid of all the non-secular ones enshrined in Australian law

I JUST SOLVED THIS THREAD

THANK YOU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)