Should pre-marital sex be illegal? (1 Viewer)

sex before marriage should be deemed illegal to keep the idea of marriage alive.

• Total voters

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
No.

Hardcore Christians can suck a fat one if they think their beliefs are still relevant to today's society.

Secks is funnnn...

SurferNerd

HSC
N/A
I dont have a prepared answer beyond what folks will be expecting me to say. I am curious to hear from team freedom - how it benifits, rather than corrupts, the individual/their future relationships etc

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
But why should a social phenomenon be illegal? It's not the govenment's job to regulate relationships.

SurferNerd

HSC
N/A
But why should a social phenomenon be illegal? It's not the govenment's job to regulate relationships.
No, but it is the government's job to regulate corrupting phenomenon, in the duty of benefiting society as a whole and strengthening 'family ties'. I would say that pre-marital sex is inherently perverted. It does grave injury to the dignity of its participants, since each one becomes an object of base pleasure and illicit's a lack of commitment. It's a dangerous illusion which makes it more difficult to form dignified romantic and later on, family relationships.

imo, though. Like I say, i'm more interested in other opinions

Luxxey

candied queen
HSC
Exactly. Plus I'd look horrible wearing a red anti-sex sash.

Seriously though - what are the benefits of making pre-marital sex illegal? Condoms and birth control already cover unwanted/untimely pregnancies and infections. Those who believe in no sex before marriage often do so because of religious or personal beliefs - which vary from person to person. You can't impose one set of standards on a whole population. If people want to wait, let them wait. If they don't, so be it.

Also - what about those in de facto relationships? Would those be included? And is underage teenage sex seen as wrong? If this somehow comes into the equation, what if the teens were married? There are cases of underage marriages. Would that therefore make it acceptable?

Venom.

HSC
No. Impossible to enforce.

And anyways, not in a secular society such as Australia, let us bang till the day we die.

greekgun

HSC
Lets face it, the only people who want premartial sex to b illegal are the nerds and ugly people who cant get any sex and will have to wait before he/she grows older to find a more mature person who will go out with them because they see wats on the inside as well as outside etc and people who are hardcore reliogus.

sunsettah

HSC
Lets face it, the only people who want premartial sex to b illegal are the nerds and ugly people who cant get any sex and will have to wait before he/she grows older to find a more mature person who will go out with them because they see wats on the inside as well as outside etc and people who are hardcore reliogus.

LOL. spot on.

Venom.

HSC
No, but it is the government's job to regulate corrupting phenomenon, in the duty of benefiting society as a whole and strengthening 'family ties'. I would say that pre-marital sex is inherently perverted. It does grave injury to the dignity of its participants, since each one becomes an object of base pleasure and illicit's a lack of commitment. It's a dangerous illusion which makes it more difficult to form dignified romantic and later on, family relationships.

imo, though. Like I say, i'm more interested in other opinions
Agree with first point highlighted.

Second point is differing. Some people in a committed 2/3 year relationship have pre marital sex, and end up getting married after say 5 years.
No commitment does not equal sex.

sunsettah

HSC
It would be nice to have the satisfaction of knowing that your partner is there to stay, and won't break up with you or ditch you after the sex.

But we have the choice to become Catholic, etc. if we want that.

We just take our chances, and it works a lot. It makes us stronger to deal with relationship issues and stuff.

Plus some people prefer casual sex to a commited relationship... =\

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
No, but it is the government's job to regulate corrupting phenomenon, in the duty of benefiting society as a whole and strengthening 'family ties'.
Oh really? That's news to me.
I would say that pre-marital sex is inherently perverted.
Why?

It does grave injury to the dignity of its participants, since each one becomes an object of base pleasure and illicit's a lack of commitment.
Why are you so afraid of sex and intimacy?

It's a dangerous illusion which makes it more difficult to form dignified romantic and later on, family relationships.
In before anybody else: virgin detected.

Venom.

HSC
It would be nice to have the satisfaction of knowing that your partner is there to stay, and won't break up with you or ditch you after the sex.

But we have the choice to become Catholic, etc. if we want that.

We just take our chances, and it works a lot. It makes us stronger to deal with relationship issues and stuff.

Plus some people prefer casual sex to a commited relationship... =\
Thats what the OP is addressing, and the issues with such a concept.

HalcyonSky

HSC
Then, why does the OP have an issue with casual sex?
because he's not getting any, he doesn't want anyone else to get any

i truly believe this is the psychology of most people who enforce no pre-marital sex

Venom.

HSC
Personally I did share beliefs with surfer in like yr 8. :rofl:

No need to enforce anything on anyone, let em do what they like. Though I still believe it could ruin the sanctity of marriage for some people.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)