Should we accept our offers immediately? (1 Viewer)

twistedrebel

HSC
Yeah, can anyone explain if you enrol your main round, your still considered for later rounds? right. Also curious do you have to go to lecture before you can go tutorial?

Last edited:

chaminda

HSC
Yeah, can anyone explain if you enrol your main round, your still considered for later rounds? right. Also curious do you have to go to lecture before you can go tutorial?
Hi Twistedrebel,

You don't have to go to lectures to go to tutorials BUT for new students I reccomend to attend them so you become familiar with how university classes run and the assignments you need to complete..etc. There are no roll calls in lectures....nobody cares if you attend or not...if you feel tired and/or bored just get up an leave...the lecturer doesn't care.

Last edited:

Pyramid

HSC
Thanks again guys.

As with the UNSW site what are your troubles? Tell me what course you are studying at UNSW. I too am at UNSW and have done both electrical engineering and mining engineering.
I don't know exactly where on UNSW's labyrinth of a site to start enrolling. I created a myUNSW online account a few weeks ago, only to find I can't log in because I don't have/know my User ID. I click a few links and apparently I need other stuff like a UniPass, a zID, a zPass and a znumber? And then my brain keels over and dies?

FYI, hoping for Comm/Sci.

Last edited:

chaminda

HSC
Hi Pyramid,

Ok.

1.) "This site allows you to manage your UniPass and zPass passwords and your UNSW email account attributes": https://idm.unsw.edu.au/idm/user/login.jsp

Before this you need a student number..eg. Z34354353..and of course your password

2.) For new users go to: https://idm.unsw.edu.au/idm/user/newUser/validateNewUser.jsp

I have a feeling that to register with UNSW you need to have accepted an offer.

UNIPASS: "Enables you to login to the majority of online services at UNSW, including this self-service application". "allows you to access a range of IT services at UNSW, including myUNSW and the central email system". (MyUNSW is an online system where you have access to your marks, grades, subject enrolements etc).

ZPASS: "This is a new account and password system for new services such as an zMail and UNSW Exchange Email, and some new desktop and lab computers. Only use your zPass on systems labelled zPass".

(Znumber and ZID) are the same and is just your student number

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
This is all so confusing... so I'm wanting to study at UNSW too.

So do I make an account now, accept my offer, go to enrolment day - get my student number and whatnot and then update my account?

Entourage

HSC
Hi Entourage,

I cannot exactly remember the process of accepting offers since it has been 9 years ago for me and the system may have changed. For now just focus on ACCEPTING OFFERS, don't worry about enrolling into a university yet (i.e. student registration and selecting subjects) since, as you said, there may be a first round offer you want. You don't have to enrol to secure a degree you want to study.
Ok thank you muchly =)

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
If you accept the offer and enrol to a uni... can you be able to receive early feb and late round offer?

Pyramid

HSC
Hi chaminda,

Before you activate this you need a student number..eg. Z34354353..and of course your password

2.) For new users go to: https://idm.unsw.edu.au/idm/user/newUser/validateNewUser.jsp

I have a feeling that to register with UNSW you need to have accepted an offer.
Yep, I tried that link before, thinking it was my godsend, but then I entered the required details and it said this:

"Not all of the required fields were completed. Please review your responses and resubmit the form. If you do not know all of the required information, please contact the appropriate UNSW administration office."

Could another 2010'er try the link so we can get closer to the conclusion that we need to accept our offer before we start this enrolling business?

twistedrebel

HSC
UNSW you can enrol online, usyd you go to enrollment days. Others? I dunno

chaminda

HSC
If you accept the offer and enrol to a uni... can you be able to receive early feb and late round offer?
I am assuming that if you enrol to a uni you MAY lose your later round preferences (PLEASE confirm this by contacting a university or UAC)

chaminda

HSC
Hi chaminda,

Yep, I tried that link before, thinking it was my godsend, but then I entered the required details and it said this:

"Not all of the required fields were completed. Please review your responses and resubmit the form. If you do not know all of the required information, please contact the appropriate UNSW administration office."

Could another 2010'er try the link so we can get closer to the conclusion that we need to accept our offer before we start this enrolling business?
Hmmmm,

Have you entered your programme code correctly? What field was incomplete?

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
I screwed up my preferences really bad. I actually want my 6th preference as my 1st but it's too late to change it in order to be considered for the main round. I'm going to have to wait until 2nd round. Fuck early enrolment then.

Last edited:

Fleecedog

HSC
Hey guys,

sorry about the questions and the general confusion.

So what exactly is the difference between accepting a main round offer and enrolling at that University, and accepting a main round offer, 'sitting' on that offer and waiting for a second round offer?

I am really banking on a second round offer but I will most likely accept my second preference during the main round. Do I proceed to enroll at UNSW (second pref) and wait for USYD in second round or do I just accept and do not enroll?

I know you have to reject or withdraw your main round in writing but is this post-enrollment?

If anyone could enlighten me that would be much appreciated!

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
To answer a few questions in this thread:

- Acceptance and enrolment procedures differ according to the uni. Acceptance can generally be done online through a link from the UAC site at 9pm on offers day (except when your uni stuffs it up like ANU did last year...) Enrolment at some unis (e.g. UNSW) can be done online whilst at others (e.g. most courses at ANU) you have to enrol in person on a designated day.

- If you're selecting tutorials at the same time as enrolment (which seems to be the case at UNSW?) then it's definitely better to enrol ASAP. Again each uni has different procedures for tutorials, and some unis different classes have different procedures so make sure to find out how it works with the courses you're doing. I've seen people not realise that tutorial selection has opened, then return to uni to find they're stuck with almost no choices at all.

- You can receive both Main and Late offers - if you want to receive a late offer, make sure to change your preferences around after the Main Round, and if you choose to accept the later offer, you must notify your Main Round offer provider of your withdrawal. In the meantime you can accept and enrol in your Main Round offer - you don't incur financial liability until the HECS-HELP Census Date so you can do it without any consequences.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
so say if i got com/law

what com core subjects do i have to enrol to? the program structure just say commerce core... and that is said 3 times for 1 semester. I dont know what subject to enrol then if thats the case

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)